From all my hearth, a perk for peoples who are disabled
I have a cousin she suffer of ataxia (Ataxie de charlevoix-saguenay) exactly in french. She is stuck on a wheelchair and she can't do mostly nothing alone except playing some video games, the problem is she doesn't have so much coordinations with her hand, she love to play the game she mostly only play dbd, but when she's working on a gen she might fail her test 5 or 6 time every generator (and there a lantency on xbox that doesn't help), It fine when we play with her because we know her condition, but when she do some soloQ a lot of the other players got angry about it and left her on the hook, she used technician but if it blow the gen 5 or 6 time it make a lot of regression on it. Add the lulaby of the huntress, the doctor skill or merciless storm and she can't play anymore for the entire match.
I'm also sure she's not the only one in this situation, i was wandering if it was possible to make a perk that make the skill check go slower but remove the great skill check and maybe reduce the speed of reperation to make it more balanced and help her or others persons like her to enjoy more the game.
Sorry for my english, it not my native language.
Comments
Just removing the GSC or repair speed debuff themselves would be enough for this perk to be balanced, imo. Heck with GSC's removed I could see this having something like a 3% repair speed to compensate. Not a bad perk idea, especially for the intended reason. It is a bit bad that a accessibility thing like this would be tied behind a perk (hopefully not a licensed one) but I still commend the foresight of balancing it.
I'm sorry to hear about your cousin's condition. And I hope at some point there is an accessibility addition for this issue.
Techitian perk could get some buffs regardless. It could give -10% or -20% gen repair speed (or... with first skill check, add 10 points of total gen progress (opposite to BNP), only once per gen PER PERK) and remove great skill checks, but in exchange it can reduce noise of gen repairing, and remove all penalties from missed skill checks.