There are little animals that explode in the woods. What does this mean?
I was working on a generator and looking behind me to be on the lookout for a stealth Killer.
Instead, I found a small white animal starring at me. When I approached it, the animal exploded and turned into a gopher.
I tried to take a Picture of the white animal but he exploded as I captured the image... then a little gopher is standing there... what is this about?


Comments
That's a tanuki! They added those to the Yamaoka maps a little while back.
He's just chillin there, that's about it. Doesn't really influence gameplay at all aside from getting an achievement for finding one for the first time.
I play on Nintendo Switch and we don't have achievements so maybe that's why I wasn't aware about this creature.
Do the other platforms specifically tell you there will be animals to find?
It's a hidden achievement on all platforms. A little easter egg.
They are a huge part of Japanese culture, and they were added a few months ago after a poll done by the Japanese DBD channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCtM0tm1uZ4Here is a video that explains what they are.
Bro that's Yuki the Tanuki
It does that when you get close to it