Billy needs nerfed
Sorry Billy mains but under the current balance of the game this killer needs nerfed. now I do agree there was a time when he was the most balanced killer, however you have to look at the current balance of the game.
let's look at why..
He has..perma insta down which also makes him move faster.
AND
He has a high base move speed
AND
He has the longest lunge in the game(or joint longest?).I will admit here that his lunge feels ridiculous but it might just be how he lunges?
Don't agree?, ok let's have a look.
Now you can't compare him to nurse because she's just broken.let's compare him to more similar killers.
Spirit -ability makes her move faster HOWEVER does NOT have perma insta down and is balanced out by lower base move speed.
Legion-OK so legion is prolly the least fun killer to vs however let's compare..has an ability that makes him move faster(like Billy) HOWEVER again doesn't have a perma insta down and again is balanced out with lower base move speed. I think his lunge is shorter than Billy's also.
At this stage I would like to point out that, yes, I have used him at rank 1, quite frequently.
So to balancing him with the rest of the crew..
Well you can see the obv thing to do is either take away his insta down OR give him the same base move as spirit/legion and that would put him on par with these killers.
Either that OR they need to raise Hag's, legions, spirits and huntresses base move speed to be the same as Billy's. not sure how long killer lobbies would be if you did that though, I'm already waiting like 30 mins for killer games, mostly as I play at r1 and ppl intentionally de-rank away from r1 as they don't want to play vs Billy and nurse.
Honestly , I hate to say it but he feels like a crutch killer for bad players right now.
anyway constructive discussion is always welcome.
saying get gud isn't really going to wash(12 yr old always like to resort to this "argument") as I play at r1 on both killer and survivor every season I've played the game on both console and pc.
incidentally, due to horrific pad controls you can't really use his chainsaw to insta down and he's still by far the strongest killer on console(nurse is unusable).
Comments
Sees balance discussion
NOPE! I'm out!
i don't see why people think nurse is unbalanced but ok, that is not the point.
Billy is acctualy too strong by the points you said there: he has INSANE map pressure, a instadown, and can
act as a m1 killer because of 115 speed. Maybe people don't care that much about billy because he's hard to get used to. to do well with him you need to know how much you move to the left or right to nail that chainsaw, how to dodge trees and rocks, when to and when NOT to use your chainsaw, where actually is the Chainsaw's hitboxes.
billy requires skill. a high skill high reward killer, just like Nurse, spirit, hag and huntress. but not as much skill because he has too many option.
Buffing all 110 speed killers is (obviously) not an option. giving him a nerf on the next ptb could work
Trapper main here and even with that I will say no. Billy is in a alright spot. He is one of the original killers and has some quirks that make him balanced against players of equal or somewhat equal level. You cannot compare him to Spirit, Legion, or Hag since they mostly rely on their powers to get kills (they messed up with Legion).
Hillbilly is the perfect balance between being strong, but being bearable. I myself can counterplay Hillbilly's most of the time, even if they run instasaws or whatever the case is. And please do not perpetuate the lie that a killer has a longer range then the rest. It may seem that way, but no killers (with the exception of Nurse or Shape) have a longer lunge. If I can find the confirmation then I will send it to you.
"Balancing him with the rest of the crew" A crew who primarily are 115 ms killers who arguably are not as viable. Leatherface has the same thing as Billy the only thing is that he slows down tremendously when he revs that Chainsaw, but good players can loop Billy the same as any other killer.
He is not a crutch killer for bad players, since they need the requirement of being good at predictions and knowing when to saw people dead.
My apologies if this doesn't make sense but this is the best I feel I can do.
I take it you just had a game with a Billy? :P
a good survivor will loop your rank 1 billy for 5 gens
If you're complaining about Billy only but not Nurse, then I'm not interested in nerfing the 2nd strongest but leaving the best.
At the end of the day, Billy can still get loopped till kingdom come, so no he doesn't need a nerf or a buff.
He is the most balanced killer in the game after all.
And yet he cant compete with competent SWF like nurse can.
Git gud and learn how to loop
the only change that he needs its a slow movement speed while charging hes chainsaw i mean i play against alot of billy this days and its annoying that he comes close and use chainsaw without any penalty ppl still say that he have some sort of penalty i called that BS
You are basically asking to lower by 1 the number of killer you will see at rank 1... good
Legion and Spirit aren't good comparisons, they both have tools to finish chases faster than normal M1 killers. Billy gets pallet looped just as hard as Trapper, Freddy, Pig, Wraith, etc. And if his chainsaw rev made him so slow that survivors could get far enough away that they could consistently dodge it, his chainsaw would be useless against good survivors. And if you just made his base speed slower, again, because he has no chase tools, he would be garbage against everyone.
If you want to rebalance him I might suggest making it so that he can't manually cancel chainsaw charges. Make him run into stuff to stop sprinting, would lead to some interesting mechanics.
The only killers with an increased lunge range over everybody else is T3 Michael and a feral frenzy Legion
Not 12 years old, but the advice of get good actually applies here. A half decent Survivor can loop a billy and counter dodge his "insta-down".
My guess is you have not put in enough time to play against a Billy well and instead of learning like half the people in this discussion, you just want him nerfed.