Did the anti-3-gen mechanic get disabled in Twisted Masquerade mode?

I just got out of a match where the killer had us in a 3-gen situation and kicked a gen about 15 times. Is this a bug, or a feature? Sorry if this was already discussed in another thread and I missed it.

If it's a feature, I can't imagine what convinced the devs that disabling it was a good idea.

Comments

  • Anti 3-gen is useless, it almost never work

    Its just like the anti face camp, it sounds good but its not

  • If you are right then it's a bug.

    When I kick the gens too many times (8?) I can't kick them anymore afterward.

  • @Rudjohns said:

    Anti 3-gen is useless, it almost never work

    Its just like the anti face camp, it sounds good but its not

    If you use Surge it's very relevant. I

  • @Rudjohns said:

    Anti 3-gen is useless, it almost never work

    Its just like the anti face camp, it sounds good but its not

    It's the main reason you don't see Pop, Pain Res, Eruption and Surge all at once.

  • I had a killer match last week where I hit the regression limit on a central generator thanks to Surge, and it was in the Twisted Masquerade mode, so it should be working.

  • It just occurred to me. Are you sure the gens were regressing?

    It's not uncommon for a killer (especially a beginner) to not fully kick a gen by incorrectly relying on the animation instead of the sparks.

  • @Rudjohns said:

    Anti 3-gen is useless, it almost never work

    Its just like the anti face camp, it sounds good but its not

    Both of those mechanics work as intended. Watch someone facecamp or 3-gen vs good survivors and see how well they do.

  • @drsoontm said:

    It just occurred to me. Are you sure the gens were regressing?

    It's not uncommon for a killer (especially a beginner) to not fully kick a gen by incorrectly relying on the animation instead of the sparks.

    yeah i watched from afar and sparks were flying every time