About hooks respawning

Does that mean that bleedouts will no longer count as kills in MMR?

Because the only reason I considered a bleedout to be a "legitimate" kill was because there were literally no hooks nearby. I would still argue that it is a stalemate, and thus should be considered an MMR tie, but with hooks now respawning, I dont really see any reason for Bleedouts to be considered regular kills. It only discourages hooking a survivor in a 2v1, and unless there is a different fix being secretly made to fix hardcore slugging in 2v1's, I think making a bleedout count as an MMR tie would at least prevent most people from slugging forever as the slugged survivor can hide somewhere randomly.

There are some extremely niche cases where someone will be forced to bleed out, but those cases are less niche than a survivor escaping through the hatch.

Comments

  • @oxygen said:

    I absolutely don't want a system where people that want to keep their mmr from getting "too high" are encouraged to bleed people out, actually. If someone insists on doing that that they can go for 8hook 0k if they want.

    To be fair, that means more people will complain about getting slugged consistently, making it therefor a bigger issue, pressuring BHVR more to do something about it.

    It's been an issue ever since the start of the game, but at least at the start of the game, we had instaheals to combat mass slugging. If survivors were carrying medkits, you were definitely not gonna be wanting to slug.

    There is no basekit deterrence to slugging. But since sluggers go to higher MMR, you have less people complaining about it, making it seem like less of an issue.

  • MMR is not a reward.

    Instead of not giving MMR for bleed outs, I would double the value.

1 2 ›