Petrified Oak breaking Father Campbell's Chapel?

I just got out of a game in Chapel with a petrified oak offering, and a whole sector of the map didn't have any hooks, the survivor team was a standard sabo-squad and were not aware of this, but it leaves me to wonder if this could become a regular ocurrence and a potential exploit.

From 6 to 3 there were no hooks.

Comments

  • I would upload pictures but it says permision problem so idk

  • Did they have the Protective Gloves-Add On? This helps to break Hooks without notifying the Killer, because what you described does not really sound like something which should happen from just one Petrified Oak (probably even with 4 it is unlikely).

    Could also be possible that the Basement was in the Main Building, which might prevent Hooks from spawning above it.

  • I can only offer an anecdotal memory, but I do remember a game recently where Chapel didn't have a single hook on one side of the Chapel.

    It was the side where stood there facing the Chapel, the circus is on your right, and shack is way off in the distance on your left. Is that the place you're referring to?

    Haven't seen it again, and never connected it Petrified Oak being a possible cause... but great spot if thats it.

  • I've created a bug report for the same / a similar issue in February:

    @CaulDrohn said:

    Platform: Steam

    I just got out of a game with a massive hook dead zone on father campbells chapel map. Virtually one whole side of the chapel was without ANY hook!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/925Y4PMK2ZMC/20240206004010-1.jpg

    A total of 6 hooks for the whole map. 1,2,3 were near shack, 4,5,6 near the Clown's Caravan. Couldn't hook two times bc of the deadzone, not even basement was reachable.

    I don't know how many hooks are supposed to spawn here, but 6 seems FAR to low.

    No hook offerings, btw.

  • I have had the same issue with this map aswell a few weeks ago, the deadzone in particular needs the basement to spawn within the chapel and there must be a hill with a hook facing away from that dead zone corner, it is impossible to get a hook in that area. For reference it is the corner marked in red, the hill is in between shack and that corner making it impossible to be able to get around to the ramp of it and hook in time. Due to the Chapel having the basement there are no other hooks nearby apart from the aforementioned hill hook.

    Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 12.35.54.png