Why were ultra rare perks removed and could they ever come back?
I love the look of the ultra rare perks something about the red catches my eye, but why did they take them out and could they ever come back? I think it had something to do with how often they showed up in the bloodweb, but I'm not too sure. I just really love the red in the perk it makes it stand out more and could they come to console if they ever came back?
Comments
I think it was to distinguish the ultra rare add-ons better. Two perks are guaranteed to show up in each bloodweb, so after a point you get guaranteed higher and higher rarity because the low rarity ones are out of the pool. And if each bloodweb has a certain rarity distribution, that'd mean once you get to a point where you have ONLY ultra rare perks left to get you might not get any ultra rare add-ons, because the perks eat up that ultra rarity value. And considering this would be a point where the character should be getting better loot anyway, you are just trading better quality loot for the... appearance that a perk is ultra rare (when it's not, it's more a matter of time than anything).
Before anyone else starts coming up with wild theories like the guy above (sorry): https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Perks#Rarity_Change_of_1.5.0
They'd rather put all perks to be uncommon/rare/very rare and call it a day tbh.
I want my hot pinks back
That sort of makes since.
No, it doesn't and it is not the reason. I linked you the reason why ultra rare Perks are gone.
Why is it that so many like you just outright ignore it and instead prefer some bogus made-up answer?
Ok I didn't ignore you I saw it, but I was going to reply to first guy, but I decided not to and it wouldn't let me delete the quote and every time I come to this post it shows it and it got annoying so I had to put something, but yours does make more sense then his.
DocOctober (The Glorfied Librarian)! He speak-ith the ultimate truth!.... yeah I’m gonna make this a thing now.
Good. Thanks for clearing that up.
Strikes fear in the hearts of the uneducated noobs.
Documents faster then a salty steam forum post.
Liars beware... The Glorified Librarian is here!
While he’s reading this, he’s probably just thinking “######### is wrong with you two”
Ether that or he probably thinks we're #########...
Doc: Says something
Person: Agrees
Doc: "FORMAT YOUR AGREEMENT BETTER YOU ######### IDIOT"
Hence why I started my post with "I think" because I was just speculating based on how I understand game design. And for all intents and purposes from a design perspective it makes total sense to adjust rarities of guaranteed items because you don't want the perks to usurp the appearance of actual rare items/add-ons. It was changed to fix a bug, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be good reasons to change it otherwise.
1.5? this is 2.0 coming.
it's still relevant as no further changes were adjusted to the rarity of the bloodweb since that date. And as the link stated, it was to address an issue that was preventing certain tier 3 perks from ever appearing in the web in a reasonable amount of time.
We haven't had pinks in the perks for a very long time now.
But it's just a color.. like they could've fixed the rarity issue and changed the color back to hot pink.