DBD NEW RANKING SYSTEM
I would like to suggest to Behaviour Interactive Inc to go back to DBD’s original ranking system. I understand you may get complaints from people that don’t value getting better at the game and would rather be given certain accolades, but it is now ruining the experience. Me being a player who valued “red rank” and the tiers before it to separate skill, just makes people that don’t belong in certain ranks be there. There are no more -1 or -2 for either bad performances or quitting the game, which is making the game suffer in my opinion because no one cares to play the game in the correct way it was intended. Seems like even tho I’ve reached “Red Rank”, the people that also reach it seem to be on a silver or maybe sometime on a gold level of skill. Other players also Disconnect more frequently now and/or attempt to pull themselves off the hook to basically quit the game without penalty. I love the work, effort and updates Behaviour Interactive Inc are always making to the game, I just think this was one that was made to appease the casuals but kinda ruins the game, especially for players that have been playing DBD from the beginning, “the original fan base”. Those players that complain are all newbies and aren’t as invested as “the originals” and will go play whatever game that is trending at the time, no real loyalty. So in my humble opinion I would focus on the community that have been playing DBD for years. Just my honest opinion and suggestion at most.
Comments
You do realise the grades as they are called now are not used for matchmaking anymore, since it uses mmr now and are only there for rewarding you with bp at the end of the month? Which is why depipping was also removed. They are no indication for skill, therefore I don't really see what you are complaining about? If you die you lose mmr you will get lower ranked people, if you escape you win and get higher mmr… I don't really see how that there is a problem here? You could surely argue around the mmr system being not adaquate in detecting skill but that does not seem to be what you complain about?
Thanks for your input. I actually was unaware of the new mmr system, glad you were able to explain it a little. Well if that’s the case, I guess a complaint would also be towards that as well. The system doesn’t seem to give you adequate players and don’t know how efficient this system really is. Could you explain a little more in detail, and what mmr stands for? And I don’t see what was wrong with the old system. Made it more fun in my opinion and you knew what type of players and killer you were getting and going against, made it worth working for.
mmr stands for matchmaking rating, so basically a hidden number that is used to put players of similar skill together. The system is fairly good in matching players together with equal mmr or assume the outcome of a match based on the mmr of both sides, that is not the issue, the issue is that this system is unable to properly determine skill, therefore make the mmr mean something. The number is solely based on deaths and escapes, nothing in between, a player doing nothing all game long and escaping through the gate will have a win, a player going on a 5 gen chase from start to finish only to get hit by noed will get a loss. This and many more factors lead to the unsatisfying result that it is just not accurate in determining skill based on that alone.
I don't know for sure why they changed it, I think the emblem system had some issues with insta down killers, because it gave them too little towards the chaser emblem, but I think they could have used the old system and improved on it, or at least create a mmr system that takes into account mor things than just escape or death.
I agree completely!!! Should either have improved the old system or take in account you doin other objectives, it is apart of the game after all smh. This system is sooo flawed and it really is making the game I enjoyable to me. I did some research earlier, like you said… the only thing that matters is escaping, so now I find myself not really doin objectives all like that now, because I wanna get out of this crappy rank they have me in, getting terrible players. No one is even seeming to be doing objectives all like that anymore. No even close to getting all 5 gens done now smh. Lucky if we complete one smh!!! They have to consider changing this, I’ve heard u and other YouTubers complain about this, and not spending as much time as they were before this change on this game smh. I’m really dissatisfied, DBD needs to understand don’t fix something that isn’t broken. Improve, yes… but tryin to do too much in my opinion to change the game, maybe because it’s been out for a long time. The essence of the game is the what make people love it tho, so I don’t understand making these drastic changes. Make a whole new game instead of tryna reinvent the wheel.
Yeah, I don't know either why they decided to get mmr for this game, despite it being as unbalanced and random as it is.