Skill selection system by HUD.
I've been playing with Vecna and I liked it a lot, but there's a "but."
When you press the button that opens the HUD, by moving the mouse up, down, right, or left, you select the skill you want to use. You can keep rotating through all the cardinal points until you find the one you want, then release the button that opens the HUD. (So far, so good)
BUT:
When you do this very quickly, sometimes it doesn't select the skill you wanted. So, I think a good adjustment would be:
- Press the HUD button and don't release it.
- Move the mouse to the right, left, up, or down. If you accidentally select up but want down, simply release the HUD button and press it again to re-enter the HUD.
In other words, "You can't cancel or reassign a skill once selected." If you want to change the skill, close the HUD and open it again.
This would allow for very fast gameplay in the style of "The Singularity."
Comments