Classic Mode to aid new and casual players
With all the DLCs that have been released over the years, I feel like the game has become pretty overwhelming for new players and casuals, particularly in terms of the sheer number of perks and different killer abilities. It's hard to get new players to stick with the game as each trial seemingly has a whole new set of perks they don't know how to counter yet.
I had a couple of friends that used to play fairly consistently with me, but they tend not to enjoy it when they try to get back into it as there's a whole host of new perks and abilities, and changes to the perks they knew from before.
I'm new to the forum so this may have been discussed before, but I would like to see a mode introduced that is restricted to base game killers and survivors with their particular teachable perks alongside universal perks, and possibly a more limited selection of maps. I believe new players would be more likely to stick with the game as this relative consistency between trials would give them a chance to learn the basic mechanics without worrying about pages and pages of perks, and figuring out how to use/counter a wide variety of killer abilities. This could also provide a more laid back experience for more casual players.
There may be a plethora of reasons this wouldn't work that I haven't considered, but I think it's a topic worth discussing.
Comments