Second journey of 50 matches as no Slowdown Myers
I decided to give myself a much more easier challenge than previous one.
Rules:
- 6 hooks mean I successfully hooking 6 times, not 6 hook count (in case a survivor gets into 2nd hook stage)
- No slug for 4K unless the last survivor right infront of me
- No high rarity addon
- Matches with DC or early hook suicide dont count.
Match note:
- I could slug the 3rd to hunt the last one opening the Gate. But I didnt.
- I lost track alot in finding survivors, wasted alot of time.
- A Meg really body blocked me to save a teammate. Against Myers.
- They played well, and I made alot of mistakes. Ace with full flash build was definitely annoying.
- Clair was on 2nd hook, but other three were all injured, they had to heal each other and didnt have time to save Clair.
- I hooked the 3rd survivor and the last Gen done. I could feel which Gate the last survivor would go, and get the 4K. They would escaped if I picked the wrong Gate.
- People said Coldwind farm nowaday is killer's map, and I can confirm. Survivors cant hide in corn field anymore, plus they even tell the direction where they're going from faraway.
- It was at least 3 players SWF came from my own country (by looking at their names). My mistake was tried to hook a survivor near a Gate to defend both hook and gate, but the gate was nearly opened, and I didnt have time to pick another hook.
- I could last hook Clau at 2 Gens left, but I was greedy to instant down a Laurie next to her.
- Im not sure if it was auto aim, but I tier3 stab into window while chasing Meg and pallet while chasing Ace, or it was just my skill.
- There was nothing special in this match.
- Could slug for 4K since the last survivor was 10m away, but I didnt
- I failed at taking bait and hit Renato's DH 2 times. Could turned into 2K.
- At 5 hook count and able to down the last hooked Meg, by the rules I had to slug Meg and chase Felix. Meg was running behind Felix, its like she knew my rules which I would not last hook her if I down her.
Previous challenge:
@C3Tooth said:
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9LQCTWGR2UHW/image.png
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/N505FASRTCW8/image.png
--- Strategy ---
Early game
- Identify Gens to patrol, carefully taking time to go for an unexpected direction for a grab. Alot of times there are 2 or more survivor, if I cant grab but injure one, I will chase the second survivors. Injured survivors usually leave Gens for a few sec if they hear TR; or its harder to hear me coming if Im Undetectable. Leaving all 3 healthy, they would feel safe to freely push Gens.
- Once 2-3 survivors are injured, if seeing a healthy one, try to injure them to activate Hysteria, this is when I can get easy down, sometimes more than 1 if they grouped together.
- After one hook 3 survivors, sometimes its hard to find/down the 4th survivor without hook. I may need to 99 Tier2 so I can instant down the 4th survivor.
Mid game
- Plaything is in play.
- Try to injures multiple survivors again, at least 2 or 3. Try to have 99 Tier2 ready.
- They need to do 3 things: heal/cleanse/gen
+ If they heal/cleanse, means they dont do Gen, I can also Tier3 anytime to put pressure back from them being healthy again
+ If they heal/Gen, means they dont hear TR, means I can surprise Tier3 them to put pressure back
+ If they cleanse/Gen, means they are injured, I can make a short chase and down them while saving Tier3.
- Slugging is needed alot of times when a few survivors keep appearing to me. Its also good to force 1 survivor of Gen to picking up.
Late game
- If 5 Gens done, means I can hook anyone without restriction.If there are 1-2 survivors still have 1 hook, its better to find/chase and hook them to make use of Altruism. I can last hook some survivors to secure a kill, but others would escape.
- If 5 Gens are not done, if there is 1 healthy and 1 injured, I will chase down healthy one first. Because its easier to find the injured one later on the race to the Hatch. If both are healthy, I will injure one and hunt down the other.
--- What I learned ---
Slow downs arent needed most of the time. The best build-in slow down is spread pressure, yes its true. Injure at least 2 survivors would save almost 2/3rd a Gen, 32sec for 2 survivors healing each other, 64sec worth of Gen time, no slow down perk can beat that.
A mix of hit and run, slug is really effective than people ever think. Dont commit chase if you think you cant down them in short time, If you cant hit/down a survivor, at least try to force them drop multiple pallets, do not respect pallets, its always better to eat them than reset a loop
I realized that tunneling is really low effort, high efficient because of
- keep chasing down 1 health state survivor.
- 2nd survivor is forced to leave Gen, giving a free hit to buy time (again, 0sec chase for a hit, buying 32sec of Gen for the 3rd survivor to heal )
- the desperated from the tunneled survivor will run into teammate's Gen/Healing spot, which putting pressure on the whole team by doing 1 single thing
Why should people play like what I did when they can tunnel, less effort for much more efficient. The only case for survivors to win is the tunneled one able to make their 4 health states last 5 Gens, and know exactly where to run so they dont disturb teammates' Gens. At that point, survivor team has to be alot better than the killer to win, as they should.
If I ever do challenge again, it would be only last hook unless 6-8 hooks at most, that restricted rules was really harsh and robbed me alot of kills.
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/N5YXULCU70TM/image.png
--- What I hope for a QoL changes for Myers ---
- Let his stalk stop at 95%, click again to continue to stalk to Tier3. There were so many times I made mistake by going Tier3 unnecessary. But at the same time I think that 5% is needed for a slight window gap for survivor to react.
- I really think distance should not affect stalking rate. But with fixed rate in the middle.

Comments
I enjoyed the last round, looking forward to seeing the results this time ๐
Updated to #9 match, with match note of key moment in each match.
You've had more wins than losses. Commendable.
Its really impossible to have losing rate higher than win rate. Killers complain only because the win rate < tie + lose, or even not counting 3K as winning.