Does Vecna fit into dbd?

I've been seeing this debate about what does and doesn't fit into dbd coming up more often ever since Vecna's release so I'm curious what others think.

Comments

  • I didn't think he would. I was thinking there's no possible way they could make D&D fit. But they did. And I think they honestly did a very good job. Sure, Vecna might be a slight bit too weak rn, but that's not what this is about, and I think aesthetically and thematically he fits in well

  • People do this everytime we get a killer who isn't just a slasher. Some people have very narrow views on what constitutes horror, when horror is perhaps one of the most vast genres that exists.

  • Horror is subjective. Very subjective, and I think most people who think Venca doesn't belong are those who have no real experience or very little. Based on what I know, to D&D players, Vecna is a horrifying character to go against and that's all matters. Most people are so desensitized that they aren't scared by much of anything and are setting an impossibly high bar.

  • Eh. Middling.

    I would have much preferrred they used one of his older designs though. I hate this modern design.

  • @Gibberish said:

    Eh. Middling.

    I would have much preferrred they used one of his older designs though. I hate this modern design.

    What's his older design? I mainly play MTG instead of D&D, so I don't know.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3730749#Comment_3730749

    What's his older design? I mainly play MTG instead of D&D, so I don't know.

    vecna 3e.png

    I specifically was hoping he would get his 3rd edition skeletal design, rather than his modern one.

  • He's a killer and comes from a world where horror is pretty common, and bloodshed is plenty. I don't see any good reason not to include him.

  • He's fun to play as and against but he's thematically mid af