Refunding shards for DLC buys on steam (example)

I bought a lot of characters in game for shards and later on I bought dlc's on steam.

With that i lost a lot of shards that i could now use for new characters in the future and skins.

Suggestion is that if you buy something in game for shards and later buy the dlc you should automatically get refunded shards in the game (i can see in my head that you could code this)

Comments

  • I had a similar suggestion a while ago

    @Rudjohns said:

    Let's say someone bought a character with iridescent fragments (9000 when not on sale) and they bought the DLC with real money later, I think they should receive the fragments back, or maybe just half of the amount they paid. This would incentivize people to spend money on DLC instead of spending an in-game currency that pretty much doesn't do anything to the developers.

    I unlocked Mikaela, Jonah, and Artist with fragments without realizing that by buying the DLC on Steam I would have received an extra cosmetic for each character. But now it's pointless to buy the DLC (even if it's on sale) just for a single piece of cosmetic, but if I have to receive my fragments back I would have done it with no problems.

    I personally much rather spend iri fragments only on cosmetics now and real money with characters, whether they are original or licensed.

  • @VladaArmy said:

    I bought a lot of characters in game for shards and later on I bought dlc's on steam.

    With that i lost a lot of shards that i could now use for new characters in the future and skins.

    Suggestion is that if you buy something in game for shards and later buy the dlc you should automatically get refunded shards in the game (i can see in my head that you could code this)

    Why did you even buy the dlc when you already owned the characters?

  • Because it was the combined dlc's where i had some characters and some i didnt. It was cheap so i bought them.

  • @VladaArmy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3726347#Comment_3726347

    Because it was the combined dlc's where i had some characters and some i didnt. It was cheap so i bought them.

    Fair I guess, but I don't think you will be able to refund it… tough luck.