The new chapter has opened a door for unique visuals in the future
We have also seen with other chapters a while back how the game can look if the visuals get more love in other contexts than just improved graphics quality. Boons are a cool thing visually. Where we see how magic has an impact on the environment and where you actually take a small step away from the stereotypical "horror" part.
Many would say that the game was never really scary when compared to other horror games. You can think what you want about that.
But I think most people would agree that we are moving away from horror more and more every year. Which I think is quite natural that it happens, the way the game has expressed horror and if you were to continue in that style, many people would start to get tired of the game. I don't think true horror has ever been the idea for this game. And I believe this new chapter has opened doors for how the game can continue with this change. Horror will always be present in its form in this game but I think that "fun fantasy horror" as I describe it myself will make the game feel more fresh.
Vecna's power on how to bring in magic is very exciting. I'm not talking about the strength of his power but the visuals are very cool and if more new chapters get the same visual love it will be very fun.
I would like to see more Invocation perks. Invocation has this magic/ritual way of interacting with the trial that I think is exciting and gives the game a new feel. It would be fun if each individual Invocation perk had its own ritual ring visual so that they don't all look the same, so you can distinguish and understand that the powers are different.
I don't know why the perk Potential Energy has that magic (or whatever you call it) visual. Because that chapter itself wasn't particularly connected with magic or with unnatural phenomena in that form. But I think we need more perks that show unique visuals and give the perks more of its own personality than just looking like the rest of the perks.
One perk that may need its own animation/visual is Autodidact. There you can experiment with a magic type of animation, where you hold a book or something when you heal.
Bunch of random thoughts that I had in my head. Tell me what you think, do you like the new change for the game, what do you think about what I wrote and so on?
Comments