Aim Dressing.

Am I just having bad luck or does it feel like this somehow got scaled up lately?

I am constantly having situations happen that make me just want to instantly exit out of the match when I miss a hit I 1 thousand percent should've had.

Main offender. Injured survivor has literally nowhere to go. I round a corner and see they're 1 second from a pallet. Swing and for some reason I hit the FREAKING pallet instead of the survivor and then they drop it. COMPLETELY undoing everything that just happened which might as well mean I instantly lose the match.

I even feel like I saw this happen to a killer I went against recently. I dropped a pallet too late they swung BUT instead of hitting me they hit the pallet and I stunned them and they got pushed to my side. IDK if I have ever seen that happen before. Usually when that happens you get hit AND they get stunned and come over to your side of the pallet.

Comments

  • The forced short M1 attack bug, that can steal hits from the killer, is very real, and BHVR still refuses to comment on it.

    My current theory is the game makes proximity checks on the killer's client, and uses that to determine if a lunge should be forcibly changed to a short M1 attack, after that, the game makes a hit validation check on the server side to see if there is a hit. There means that when we have any sort of lag or latency issues, it's more likely that the game steals hits from the killer.

    And this game seems to have be having issues since the upgrade to the new system.

  • Yeah, I haven't been playing all the much lately, but I've been robbed by aim dressing more in the past couple weeks than what feels like the previous six months. And really egregious instances, too.

    Of course the rest of the game is pretty janky at the moment, with rubber banding and choppiness like I've never seen before (with no indication it's due to the my connection or surv connections), so I figure it's related.

  • Yeah there is for sure something going on about this.

    I just had a match where this happened twice. I am randomly SUPER Likely to hit the pallet instead of the survivor. It's MADDENING when this happens.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    Am I just having bad luck or does it feel like this somehow got scaled up lately?

    I am constantly having situations happen that make me just want to instantly exit out of the match when I miss a hit I 1 thousand percent should've had.

    Main offender. Injured survivor has literally nowhere to go. I round a corner and see they're 1 second from a pallet. Swing and for some reason I hit the FREAKING pallet instead of the survivor and then they drop it. COMPLETELY undoing everything that just happened which might as well mean I instantly lose the match.

    I even feel like I saw this happen to a killer I went against recently. I dropped a pallet too late they swung BUT instead of hitting me they hit the pallet and I stunned them and they got pushed to my side. IDK if I have ever seen that happen before. Usually when that happens you get hit AND they get stunned and come over to your side of the pallet.

    Yes and it always allows survivor to reach some super safe area like a god pallet and the chase is ruined and perhaps your whole game. Survivor should be on the floor instead you're starting all over again or watching them run into the distance. For a long time I didn't know aim dressing was in this game, I just thought I sucked at the game every time this happened, especially the mini lunge it forces you to do which makes you miss the survivor. This is a thing that can lose you games and it's enraging.

  • It seems to have been made even worse recently.

    I often hit "wood" in the middle of nowhere, with the survivor right in front of me.

    If I turn and there is a wall, I'm guaranteed to hit it.

    It's stupid.

    If it's about lag/desync:

    • either the survivor is in front of me, and I should it
    • either he isn't (which is weird with my 30ms ping vs suvivors with 100+ms pings) and I should hit nothing

    hitting some invisible obstacle is bollocks.

  • Seriously its getting ridiculous. Yesterday I played some hag and lost like 3 downs to this weird bug.

  • Having to play around aim dressing makes me feel like I have to respect it like old Dead Hard sometimes...

    Maybe killers would be too op if they could lunge with reckless abandon...mayhap even usher in an Unrelenting meta.

  • It's literally been 12 months since I made a bug report about the forced short M1 attack bug, that can steal hits from the killer, and the bug report is STILL "under review"…… How many months does it take for BHVR to make a comment on this???? Is anyone from BHVR going to confirm this bug is real, or are they purposely ignoring the bug report because they want this to be a secret?

  • @musicallyblind said:

    @Coffeecrashing

    Is that true? Why am i even playing this game they genuinely dont care about us or their game only money. i will never buy a dlc from them ever again

    @Coffeecrashing said:

    Killers are forbidden to lunge if they are too close to a survivor. It doesn't matter if a killer is holding a direction and the M1 button at the same time, because the game will force a short M1 tap attack if the killer tries to attack while right next to a survivor.

    I'd even claim that many of the aim dressing complaints involve this short M1 tap bug, because if a killer is expecting to be able to do a full lunge attack, and they purposely turn their camera toward an object because lunges have zero object collision (and therefore they are expecting to be able to curve around objects with their lunge), that when the killer is forced into a short M1 tap attack, they can easily hit an object next to them and think the problem was aim dressing.

    BHVR should also look into the possibility that the game might be forcing short M1 tap attacks, even though the survivor might be out of range by the time the hit validation snapshots are taken, which means that the forced short M1 tap attack might be stealing a hit, because the killer could have reached the survivor if they were allowed to lunge attack.

    It's completely true. Look at the above page. May 8th 2023!!! That's literally over one full year, literally over 12 full months…. and BHVR STILL refuses to comment!!!!!!!!

    It's like DBD's biggest secret, that isn't allowed to be confirmed, so that survivors can continue believing they "outplayed" the killer, when in reality the killer had a hit stolen by a bug.

  • The craziest thing is. THIS isn't the short lunge bug. We now have TWO different problems. 3 if you count aim dressing as a whole. SInce playing DBD from the very start I never understood what the point of it was. The only time I ever noticed aim dressing is when I would swing at a survivor near me and I would feel the camera PULL in a different direction and make me miss. Thats it.

    So now we have the original aim dressing problem which has been in the game since launch

    Short lunge.

    Weird pallet auto aim thing.

    Now that I have been paying very close attention. The short lunge bug seems worse too. I am seeing killers who seem very good make swings that are just ike…what are you thinking? Although HAD they lunged it would've been a perfect hit. So this makes perfect sense to me. That engine update screwed up the game.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    The craziest thing is. THIS isn't the short lunge bug. We now have TWO different problems. 3 if you count aim dressing as a whole. SInce playing DBD from the very start I never understood what the point of it was. The only time I ever noticed aim dressing is when I would swing at a survivor near me and I would feel the camera PULL in a different direction and make me miss. Thats it.

    So now we have the original aim dressing problem which has been in the game since launch

    Short lunge.

    Weird pallet auto aim thing.

    Now that I have been paying very close attention. The short lunge bug seems worse too. I am seeing killers who seem very good make swings that are just ike…what are you thinking? Although HAD they lunged it would've been a perfect hit. So this makes perfect sense to me. That engine update screwed up the game.

    The weird pallet auto aim thing can happen because the proximity checks for forced short lunges or camera yanks, doesn't care if there is an object between the killer and survivor.

    Sometimes the autoaim into pallet is because the killer was expecting to be able to lunge around a pallet (because lunges have zero collision with objects), and then when the forced short M1 attack happens, the killer immediately hits the object they were trying to lunge around.

    ….But sometimes it's just a camera yank because the game made a proximity check and decided the killer was "close enough" to the survivor to yank the camera.

  • Yikes, I thought the aim snapping around corners was supposed to be mainly for visual purposes.

  • @Pat00tSack said:

    Yikes, I thought the aim snapping around corners was supposed to be mainly for visual purposes.

    Aim dressing is supposed to be for visual purposes, but it steals hits from the killer, because it does stuff to the killer, BEFORE it checks for hit validation.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3725652#Comment_3725652

    Aim dressing is supposed to be for visual purposes, but it steals hits from the killer, because it does stuff to the killer, BEFORE it checks for hit validation.

    Woooooof. Everything makes sense now.

  • I just had this happen to me as Legion in feral frenzy. Good god fix this.

    Killer is frustrating enough. I am not dealing with stolen hits.