Quite disappointed...
I just played a match as The Doctor. I did a really good run. I didn't get any hook kills but I got everyone on the hook at least twice. I ended up with 25k bloodpoints, more than any survivor.
And guess what... I got 1/4 of a black pip... Yep. Almost nothing at all. I've in fact deranked.
I guess that's the price to pay for not camping someone on the hook... because let's be honest, If I did camp, I would have ranked up.
We're crying over killers who's camping but the devs are promoting camping in order to rank up... Something isn't right.
Comments
Most Killers don’t want to camp/tunnel. We just don’t have a choice with how powerful Looping is as a game mechanic.
Here's the thing though : I did not get looped.
I did manage to get everyone on the hook twice and maxed my deviousness and brutality. Yet, I got 1/4 of a black pip. Anyone realize how crazy this is? This means that, even if I did amazingly good (even the survivors confirmed it to me), I still need to hook kill at least 2 persons.
A. You're gatekeeper would be better because less survivor means slower gen progression.
B. Malicious score would be higher, because hook points don't go away, max brutality and deviousness will do nothing for you here, kills will.
C. Devout would obviously be higher. You need kills for devout.
And D. More chases usually means that you're finding and losing survivors frequently, which is great for their evaded score, but will reflect poorly on your chaser score.
So yeah, not surprised one bit you depipped. It's like playing survivor and only getting altruism/boldness and not doing any gens. Like its great if you max both of those, but your goal is to escape, if you don't do that, your chances of pipping drop like a rock.
I get what you're saying, but here's the thing:
If I want to rank up, I need to camp and tunnel and I feel bad for doing so because it ruins the others game experience...
and if I don't camp or tunnel and actually try to be fair, I won't even get close to black pip...
If I did get a black pip at least I wouldn't have been mad but deranking for not being a d*ckhead towards others is really contradictory of what we are trying to achieve as a community.
I appreciate you playing the way you do, I always want the killer and survivor to have good/fun games, they need to fix the emblem system, 25K and no pip is like a slap in the face.
Have you got a screenshot of this? I am amazed you only got 1/4 of a black pip with 25k and had them all on dead on hook...in fact I find it hard to believe at all honestly.
It really depends of what killer you play. The Doctor doesn't really have any special ability except finding people. Yes you can 4k without camping/tunnel but if the survivors are somewhat decent, it will sometimes be really hard for what we consider mid-tier low-tier killers. We could also talk about how it often rely on survivors' mistakes, but that would be another topic...
I only say that @Krowplex because you gain points for hooking as well as sacrificing and you will also have gained substantial points in chaser if you managed to get 8 hookings as well. I have never achieved that many hookings and not black pipped with the new system.
This means for me this was either a bug that needs addressing or you did not hook them as much as you think you did (which I can frequently do in the heat of games)
The combined points of those areas alone and the fact that 8 hookings must also have netted you some points in Gatekeeper for slowing the game down (unless they all came after exit gate power) makes this hard to understand. I have had few problems with the new system and find ranking up fairly straight forward albeit a little longer at times due to black pips.
Well, I have mad many matches where I kill no one and pip up since the patch. So the problem seems to have been addressed.
You are supposed to kill as killer.
Tunneling and camping are effective tactics, use them.
You simply cant 3 hook everyone if the survivors are not completely braindead
no, you simply can't hook them 3 times.
fixed.
https://clips.twitch.tv/EphemeralOutstandingWasabiUnSane
Here's a clip from AngryPug... Not the same situation as me, but still.
now if that's not good enough of a proof that the emblem system is crap, then I don't know what to say anymore.