Why does the hype for the new chapter seem to be quite low?

I'm not familiar with the game DND or the characters. Vecna is the most mentioned character from there that people think is going to be the killer. Is that one of the reasons why the hype seem to be quite low?

Is the character's power in the game lame or?

Comments

  • @Eelanos said:

    Personally, I've stopped caring about chapters a long ago, with the exception of the Alien chapter.

    What usually happens is, survivors get one new survivor that either gets immediately forgotten by the devs or becomes incredibly successful because it's either shirtless or has a swimsuit cosmetic, and they come with perks that essentially boil down to "Self destruct to add a 1% progress to all completed generators".

    And when it comes to killer, it's going to be all the rage for a week, then survivors will figure out a strategy against them, this killer will start to slug and tunnel and soon after it'll never show up again. A month later we'll see a thread asking what happened to the killer's popularity and several others asking for ridiculous buffs that would propel the killer to SS tier if they were implemented as-is. A year later, the devs will release a buff to the killer's kicking speed - something like 1%, and remove that 1% extra kicking speed from their add-ons.

    And this repeats. Every. Single. Chapter.

    I like D&D but I can't get hyped for content for this game anymore. I still need to buy a few of the newest chapters but I just can't be bothered.

    Lol, jaded much? The funny part is there is the tiniest shred of truth to what you are saying but it's 99% hyperbole.

  • Tbh I've seen a lot of hype outside the forums for this chapter, and I'm actually pretty excited myself. The killer power is cool, I like the map, the chapter is a new direction for DBD, the bard perk is funny, you can now play as a nonhuman survivor, Matt motherf*in Mercer is voicing Vecna!

    Maybe I'm crazy, but aside from the fact that WotC can pound sand, I'm hyped for this.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3718590#Comment_3718590

    Lol, jaded much? The funny part is there is the tiniest shred of truth to what you are saying but it's 99% hyperbole.

    Well, yeah, I'm being hyperbolic. I didn't expect anyone to take the sentence "Self destruct to add 1% progress to completed generators" at face value, and as much as new killers' popularity vanishes within the first week, they don't exactly "never show up again".

    But it's not like I'm lying. We just got a perk that removes 3 health states for 10% gen progress while having a 1 minute cast time while on the basement, and we haven't had a single killer that stuck around after their release since Wesker.

  • I didn't really know enough about the next chapter to be hyped or not. DnD is a massively diverse IP to bring into DBD. There are literally infinite options they could have gone with. I don't really know anything about Vecna's lore other than Joe Manganiello had something to do with becoming cannon to the lore. Also, I think Vecna's hand and eye are cards in Magic the Gathering. So I know of the characters existence but really nothing beyond that.

    Having said all that, I've now seen video of the PTB of Vecna in play. I'm not really excited about Vecna as a character in the game but I am excited about a wizard with 4 powers in the game! From what I can see, he is surprisingly balanced too. I also think the new map is very on theme with DnD and looks awesome. I like the use of dice rolls. I think bard was a good choice for a survivor. I think some of the perks could use a little tweaking but there are some stand out options. All in all, I think it looks pretty great.

1 2 ›