Blood Warden buff
On top of what it already does, any hit in the exit gates blocks the escape for 5 seconds. This applies at all tiers. This does not stack with itself, just resets the timer.
Reason? This makes survivors not able to escape for the sole fact of perks alone while giving the killer zero chance. Also this completely removes being toxic and teabagging at the gates.
This could be OP so I'm fine with instead of resetting the timer it has a cooldown of say 10 seconds. I think this would be a good change because currently there are plenty of perks that all but guarantee a free endgame escape. Borrowed time, any exhaustion perk (yes including adrenaline which if you are hooked while the last gen is powered it's essentially a free escape as long as you get unhooked). This change somewhat diminishes the idea of free escapes.
Reason? This makes survivors not able to escape for the sole fact of perks alone while giving the killer zero chance. Also this completely removes being toxic and teabagging at the gates.
This could be OP so I'm fine with instead of resetting the timer it has a cooldown of say 10 seconds. I think this would be a good change because currently there are plenty of perks that all but guarantee a free endgame escape. Borrowed time, any exhaustion perk (yes including adrenaline which if you are hooked while the last gen is powered it's essentially a free escape as long as you get unhooked). This change somewhat diminishes the idea of free escapes.
Comments
@KingB
Can't agree.
I don't know if it's a coincidence or;
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/39771/bloodwarden-for-free-on-every-killer#latest
(To eliminate so called "Save-Zones for survivors" once the exit games are powered, and keeping the tension until the very end.)
The hitting-a-survivor-and-blocking-the-exit-gates mechanic is needed to solve the safe-zones, so it would be a bit over the top to have it on a perk as well
@KingB
Since your post is so similar to mine, I already discovered a flaw with your mechanic:
Because there's a duration a killer needs to catch up to a survivor, the suggestion about the bloodwarden triggering INSIDE the gates only limits the savezone there. Instead if the survivors can't make it to the exit gates, they will wait in the (red) zone (right in front of the gate area), which creates a new type of hatch stand off; "the gate standoff", since the survivor cannot enter the exit gate zone or they'll be hit and bloodwarden prevents them from escaping or the killer can't hit them outside of it since they'll run in and escape.
I solved that behaviour with the suggestion linked;
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/39771/bloodwarden-for-free-on-every-killer#latest