Thoughts on Recent Changes

Lots of slowdown nerfs this patch, some nice killer specific changes, and more.

I personally feel the slowdown changes are unnecessary since they pop and pain res need you to hook somebody. Pop should be 20% max progress if we're nerfing it down, and PR should be left alone (aside from maybe having it deactivate on a kill, along with some other compensatory buff).

I dont really get why we're nerfing DS but 4s is still strong and worth using IMO, just less of a clear choice over OTR.

Comments

  • I think Chucky just got even less interesting. Yeah, scamper into hit sucked but now he has his power every 12 seconds, which means he will just spam it. On top of that, there are quite a few loops where his power isn't good, so he becomes more of a brute force killer. I have played him exactly twice after his initial nerf, when they decided to cut the skill expression on this killer (needed 2 games for the adept) and I am definitely not returning to him now.

    Nerfing Deadlock doesn't fix the issue. It's not so much that Deadlock is too strong but that it involves no effort. You can be afk and Deadlock will still do its job. This is just terrible design.

    Pop will disappear into the void again. I guess having killers actually leave a hook to kick a gen wasn't what we wanted after all. So more proxy camping it is. Fun.

    The reason why Pain Res is so popular is simple convenience. You don't have to go out of your way to activate it because you do what you always do. It's not that crazy powerful compared to some other slowdown perks. However 20% less regression in total does stack up. That's quite a bit.

    The DS nerf is baffling to me. It fixes none of its issues and only makes it slightly weaker against tunneling killers. Why? Why would anyone want that?

    The change to toolboxes is not great either. Sabo plays should be a niche and risky thing because the payoff is so huge.

    The only really good changes are the ones to Bubba (though I don't think reducing the tantrum is a good idea), Deathslinger and Borgo.