Maps should be able to track pallets and vault locations as an alternative to Windows of Opportunity

I don't know how common this take is but it's my #1 balancing request to diversify survivor loadouts.

Windows of Opportunity has consistently dominated the perk usage frequency charts for good reasons. It helps new survivors learn common pallet locations and tile layouts, leading to safer chases and longer survival times. It also helps experienced survivors track which pallets have or haven't been used. It's no secret that it's an extremely strong perk.

You know what else isn't a secret? Maps are the weakest item. At least Keys have blood amber for killer aura reading, likely the only reason people use them. Maps do not have a lot going on for them. By default, they can only track generators. Rainbow maps can track a bit more. So why hasn't the map been buffed?

I propose that the rainbow map should be given basekit tracking of pallets and vault locations, and this should either be given to the green map as an add-on or made basekit as well. This will help new players who don't own Kate Denson by giving them the ability to go on safer chases, and help players of all experience levels bring more diverse perk loadouts by freeing up a slot dominated by Windows of Opportunity at the fair cost of an item slot.

I dare anyone to suggest to me how this change could be negative. Devs, I hope you see this take and agree with me! I would really like to see this change make it into the game.

Comments