Fix phantom grabs when?

Come on, you can't tell me that isn't a little bit rediculous.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SingleFriendlyPigFeelsBadMan
Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • Come on, you can't tell me that isn't a little bit rediculous.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/SingleFriendlyPigFeelsBadMan
    This happens to me soo much. Its so weird
  • I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but that is latency. You can actually see the Nea leave the generator before the grab animation even starts. It's just a matter of that info not getting to the killer in time and the game flailing its arms wildly to make things work like they're supposed to. I'm sure it could be smoothed over so it looks a little better, but gameplay-wise, it's doing what it's supposed to.

  • @Peanits said:
    I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but that is latency. You can actually see the Nea leave the generator before the grab animation even starts. It's just a matter of that info not getting to the killer in time and the game flailing its arms wildly to make things work like they're supposed to. I'm sure it could be smoothed over so it looks a little better, but gameplay-wise, it's doing what it's supposed to.

    However, the devs confirmed that there was an issue with the grabs suddenly interrupting and changing to a hit under specific circumstances.

  • Peanits said:

    I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but that is latency. You can actually see the Nea leave the generator before the grab animation even starts. It's just a matter of that info not getting to the killer in time and the game flailing its arms wildly to make things work like they're supposed to. I'm sure it could be smoothed over so it looks a little better, but gameplay-wise, it's doing what it's supposed to.

    Sorry but I disagree. This is NOT latency. Phantom grabs was never a thing till a certain update (could be 2.2.0 I can't remember). Before, if the grab animation started the grab was guaranteed 100% and not like now, where it cancle itself and also leads to double stuns on Nurse for example.

    U could argue that she left the gen at the right time, but there is a proof you can't argue against: pallet and window vaults. Happens there aswell and there is no timing for a survivor, you are stuck in an animation 
  • I've had plenty of times where I completely let go of the gen or was done with the locker exit animation and still got grabbed. It goes both ways.
  • @Peanits said:
    I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but that is latency. You can actually see the Nea leave the generator before the grab animation even starts. It's just a matter of that info not getting to the killer in time and the game flailing its arms wildly to make things work like they're supposed to. I'm sure it could be smoothed over so it looks a little better, but gameplay-wise, it's doing what it's supposed to.

    How can it be lagg, the game should run in real-time on the killers PC?

    WHen I look at issues like this, I really wonder whether dedicated servers might do more bad than good

  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Peanits said:

    I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but that is latency. You can actually see the Nea leave the generator before the grab animation even starts. It's just a matter of that info not getting to the killer in time and the game flailing its arms wildly to make things work like they're supposed to. I'm sure it could be smoothed over so it looks a little better, but gameplay-wise, it's doing what it's supposed to.

    Sorry but I disagree. This is NOT latency. Phantom grabs was never a thing till a certain update (could be 2.2.0 I can't remember). Before, if the grab animation started the grab was guaranteed 100% and not like now, where it cancle itself and also leads to double stuns on Nurse for example.

    U could argue that she left the gen at the right time, but there is a proof you can't argue against: pallet and window vaults. Happens there aswell and there is no timing for a survivor, you are stuck in an animation 

    So umm it’s not latency... can u prove that as u made a positive claim? What was both of there pings at that moment?

  • Cardgrey said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Peanits said:

    I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but that is latency. You can actually see the Nea leave the generator before the grab animation even starts. It's just a matter of that info not getting to the killer in time and the game flailing its arms wildly to make things work like they're supposed to. I'm sure it could be smoothed over so it looks a little better, but gameplay-wise, it's doing what it's supposed to.

    Sorry but I disagree. This is NOT latency. Phantom grabs was never a thing till a certain update (could be 2.2.0 I can't remember). Before, if the grab animation started the grab was guaranteed 100% and not like now, where it cancle itself and also leads to double stuns on Nurse for example.

    U could argue that she left the gen at the right time, but there is a proof you can't argue against: pallet and window vaults. Happens there aswell and there is no timing for a survivor, you are stuck in an animation 

    So umm it’s not latency... can u prove that as u made a positive claim? What was both of there pings at that moment?

    Do you even know what you are talking about? Peanits said that the reason for this happening is latency. I gave two reasons with explaination as a proof why it's not. Can you keep track or am I to fast for you?