Game keeps crashing when loading into a match

Platform:

  • PC (Steam, Windows 11 23h2, specs: i9 13900KF, rtx 4090, 64go ddr4, system and game installed on nvme ssd)

Description of the issue:

  • When loading into a match, after the progress bar is completed and at the moment when you expect the trial to actually launch, it send you back to the endgame screen, as if you disconnected (message says "Disconected from host; you have been disconected from the host") + giving you the penatly for disconnecting. It seems to have happened only in killer so far for me.

Steps to reproduce (tldr: random when playing killer as far as I know):

  • I don't know the steps to reproduce the issue, it seems random, happened with Twins and Billy, but I know I've been also able to play them without issue since 7.7.0. I've played with DirectX12 enabled and disabled, it doesn't seems to change anything on this issue.

How often does this occur:

  • It happens quite a lot, almost 50% of my games I'd say. I'll play a few games fine, then suddenly this crash occur 2, 3 times in a row, each time with a disconnect penality. I have not played a lot since the update (because of all the issues) and this has occured at least 10 times, it is very frustrating because I don't even have an error or crash log to report (the link to "logs (if on PC)" on this page leads to nothing).

Video showcasing the issue:

Tagged: Declined

Comments