Can we get some Level Design Tools?
I'm only going to assume that with the 10th anniversary coming up you're already working on DBD 2 or whatever the next phase will be. Could we get some level design tools for the game before then?
I love the game, but it could use a bit of a refresh :)
Reply here if you think custom maps would be cool - They wouldn't need to earn you BP or anything. It would be just like when you play with a group of 5 except they'd be open for public matches.
Comments
As far as I know they've always said they have no plans on a DBD 2, which would be a nightmare for dealing with all of the licensesd content.
Wish they were. It would give them a chance to recode the game from scratch and then add in so many cool things they can't right now. Plus an adequate match replay system too.
DBD don't need a sequel at all like other games that don't have sequels like Rainbow Six Siege, Minecraft, Warframe, and For Honor.
Well, it won't stop them from upgrading to UE5 at some point and re-designing everything. Would still be nice to get some level design or mod tools in the mean time
If there is a DBD 2, can we have something to protect ourselves from cheaters this time?
Of course I mean valid, usable automatic protection.
I know the total number of players would decrease very drastically because of this, , but it would still be a good start.
DBD2 is not going to happen.
People would flip from losing so much progress and money invested on cosmetics and what not.
I think the upgrade to UE5 engine kinda puts a nail into the notion of DBD2... future development of DBD in the new engine should hopefully achieve the same effect.
The last major update did indeed moving the game to UE5.
First off, we are approaching the 8th anniversary. Not the 10th. Second, there will not be a DBD 2 and that's a good thing. They have no reason to create a DBD 2 and if they did, then they would not have much success with it. Most of us would lose our minds, if they released a second game and suddenly everything we paid for was gone. I sure wouldn't buy everything again.
This isn't one of those EA games where people will buy the same game every year and then spend thousands of dollars on lootboxes (or booster packs or whatever they are called). People buy the game and then whichever dlcs they want and they sure would not be happy losing it all and having to spend money on all of that again.
I probably shouldn’t have mentioned DBD2. I just meant whatever the next phase is. I could feel something was coming. I guess the 2 v 8 mode was their idea of a refresh. I’m still hoping for mod tools or level editor at least.
Also, we are coming up on the 10th anniversary in regards to game dev cycles. 2 years out is usually when they’d already be working on what they have planned for the next major update is all I was saying. I am aware we’re currently only in year 8.
bHVR has no obligation to create a DBD2 or a new version with mod tools and level editor, even at 10th anniversary
And to do that might actually be detrimental to the game because it empowers hackers.
Who said anything about obligation? lol. I'm just saying I'd love to have level design tools.
Like there's currently no hackers or cheaters in the game already.
You wanna fact check that for me, chief?
Do you not understand sarcasm or are you trying to tell me there aren't any hackers or cheaters in DBD? lol