Can disconnection penalties be removed entirely please?

I physically cannot enjoy the game as it is all because of disconnection penalties. I don't leave the matches, I get flat out booted from them due to either my internet dropping or the servers being bad, and then I watch as I passively gain more suspension time. Most cases the game plays fine, then outta nowhere i get booted and watch as now I have a 30 minute suspension for my first match of the day. Its frustrating to put it bare bone simply.

Comments

  • @SHOTGUNNKING88 said:

    I physically cannot enjoy the game as it is all because of disconnection penalties. I don't leave the matches, I get flat out booted from them due to either my internet dropping or the servers being bad, and then I watch as I passively gain more suspension time. Most cases the game plays fine, then outta nowhere i get booted and watch as now I have a 30 minute suspension for my first match of the day. Its frustrating to put it bare bone simply.

    Their servers have been wonky worse than usual since the last big update that's for sure. Unfortunately their DC penalty system doesn't differentiate between connection issues or manual disconnects, and treats them all the same. Otherwise it would be open to too much abuse by yanking cords etc.

    Whenever they do have to turn off the penalties for whatever reasons players leave for minor inconveniences, and the games quickly get out of control.

  • The game doesn't give you penalties when the server drops and kicks everyone and if your internet dropping is causing you to get penalties, that is between you and your ISP.

    As JP mentioned above, when DC penalties are removed the DC's are out of control and the game becomes completely unplayable.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/413114/can-disconnection-penalties-be-removed-entirely-please

    Their servers have been wonky worse than usual since the last big update that's for sure. Unfortunately their DC penalty system doesn't differentiate between connection issues or manual disconnects, and treats them all the same. Otherwise it would be open to too much abuse by yanking cords etc.

    Whenever they do have to turn off the penalties for whatever reasons players leave for minor inconveniences, and the games quickly get out of control.

    Yup, it's not like with DC penalties present people ever ragequit by letting go on hook, everything is great!