Can you get banned for body blocking

Yall so I was having fun and messing around with some survivors as wraith and somehow ended up bodyblocking this nancy into a corner. I stood there while everybody ran around me after like 30 seconds I let her go to the exit and she and her friend said that they recorded it and reported me. Can I get banned for this?

Comments

  • I'm assuming it was endgame since she went to the exit afterward? In which case, you'll be fine. Bodyblocking in endgame doesn't mean the same as blocking during the game, per a dev.

  • If it happened during EGC you're fine. You're allowed to body block a survivor in once EGC has started to ensure a kill when the timer runs out.

    You're not allowed to body block survivors in corners before that. I would guess 30 seconds is not something they would take action over, but I'm not aware of any timer on the issue. Below is a comment I pulled from a mod.

    @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3336743#Comment_3336743

    In your example - how can the survivor that you are body blocking progress the game? Can they complete gens, are they in dying state - if neither of those things apply you are holding that player hostage in the game.

    Holding the game hostage is something we've answered many times on this forum, I am sure that you will find many comments by myself and Peanits addressing the situation - and those are official comments. And in answer to your question, yes blocking someone so that they cannot do anything to progress the game is against game rules - if they are not in dying state (bleedout), EGC has not started (countdown timer for end of game), on a hook (again hook timer will end) - there is nothing they can do to progress that game, so the player who is preventing them taking part in the game is at fault here.