Post Match Toxicity
Whatever happened to the idea of being good sports, whether in victory or defeat? I swear, on the PC, if I win well as killer, I get attacked. If I do poorly, I get attacked. If my survivor group did poorly, we get attacked. etc etc
Not every match, but still. And on the PS4, I sometimes, though less commonly, get similar messages.
When I was a kid, I played soccer. And after every match, we would greet the other team and say good game, no matter whether we won or lost, or how one sided the game was. And yet, the idea of common civility has seemed to go out the window.
Guys, try and remember it's just a game, and every tactic being used is allowed. If you don't like a tactic, talk to the developers, dont blame your opponent(s) for using them.
If you are one of the people who acts so toxic, remember, you are doing nothing but harming people's experiences, the community, and potentially lowering the pool of people you get to play against by this kind of behavior. It makes YOU the jerk. Stop acting like that, be a grown up, be a good sport, be the better person.
I swear. Its like some people want to destroy the game by driving players away.
Comments
I agree, you have those that are #########, and try to kill the game
You're a part of one of the most toxic communities ever for a game. This is part of the norm unfortunately. Especially when you play killer.
I've had to close the chat, It's a shame because sometimes there's good games and it's fun to talk post chat about what happened but almost every other game I got taunted/mocked/cussed out no matter how I played even if I won or lost.
This communities got a lot of bad eggs and since There's no block feature, disabling chat is the only way around those messages.
Take it as fuel for the next match

Edit: forgot a word
I'm guessing you already did anyway, but please report that. We do read the reports and we do ban the toxic people. If someone is harassing you through private messages on consoles, please report that to Sony/Microsoft, they don't tolerate that either.
Does this include trash talking, like they say ez game you were a pathetic killer kind of talk? Or only cussing you out? Or what?
When in doubt, report.
There's a line. We expect some trash talking, it's a PVP game. When it gets excessive is when it becomes a problem. There's no reason to tell someone to kill themselves or make fun of their race over a video game. But yes, when in doubt, report.