Could you bring back the old rank system? Please, for the health of the game.
I wasn't there when people thought it was relevant to change the objectives to survivor and killer, but quite clearly, it was the worst idea of the century. Allowing killers to progress through their ranks only by the number of kills, instead of a real focus on Brutality, Chase and Sneaky, has enormously strengthened Slug, Tunnel and 3-gen in one direction.
I didn't experience the era of the old ranks myself, but having seen games on YouTube from that era, it seemed more, healthy to me? More fun?
I've been told by veterans of the primarily slayer game that this shift in objectives is primarily one of the reasons why toxicity among slayers has increased. Since now there is no point in increasing Brutality or Chase, or even stealth, now it is imperative to do a 3k/4k, by doing tunneling or slug. It was commonplace at the time, but obviously not as much as now.
I only have 2000 hours of play, and I'm starting to understand now, both as a survivor and as a killer, why so many people are disgusted that this decision was chosen. Because seriously, with this system, you cannot really playing chill as Killer. Not any longer.
If you don't want to change/remove SBMM that's fine, but please revisit the Killer and Survivor objective system to get some pip on rank progression. The health of the game depends on it.
Comments
I went more into detail about how the classic ranking system could be implemented. It is a long read, but I think it would work WAY better than the current system.
You can read my post here: