Idea to help survivor feel more rewarding and encourage team oriented playstyles: End Of Match Title

Currently I think one of the biggest issues in getting enjoyment while playing survivor, especially soloq, is the lack of reward for playing well and dying. We've all had those games, we do gens, rush to save teammates, take hits, and in the end you die and the survivor who hid and barely did anything all game finds hatch and gets a bonus of 7000 bloodpoints because of it, shooting them to the top of the leaderboard. It feels like it encourages survivors being selfish and makes it feel like you still lost even if you play in an altruistic way when you die. To fix this, I have come up with an idea that would hopefully not only make selfless/team oriented players feel more rewarded, but also make the game feel more thematic and engaging no matter what your playstyle is. This is my idea for end of match titles!

How it would work: The game tracks what you have done throughout the trial, and at the end of the match rewards you with a title (similar to Sacrificed/Escaped like we have now except a little more complex). Titles will award you with a bloodpoint bonus based on how well you performed objectives, helped teammates, or made clutch plays. For example, a player who performs a lot of safe hook rescues will be given a title with a large bloodpoint bonus attached to it, while someone who does not help their teammates and hides for a majority of the game will get a title with no BP bonus. If you complete the objectives of multiple titles in a singular match, you will be rewarded the title with the highest BP bonus. The titles survivors receive could be viewed on the leaderboard at the end. I have a few titles that I've made as specific examples, I tried to make them based on horror tropes as to fit with the theme of the game. Here's what I have:

-Final Girl/Guy: 3 or more altruistic actions, 25% or more generator progress, 1 or more stun, 1 or more minute of chase time, and all other survivors killed before escaping (+300% BP)

-Hero: 4 or more altruistic actions, most overall, and no other survivor passively gets to next stage on hook while you are healthy (+250% BP)

-Selfless: preforms 1 or more safe hook rescue during endgame collapse (+250% BP)

-Scholar: 4 or more great skill checks without the help of a perk, most overall, and no more than 3 missed skill checks (+200% BP)

-Lucky: pull yourself off of hook without guaranteed chance of success and escape (+200% BP)

-Dead Meat: hooked 2 or more times or left on hook for more than 1 minute, and dies within 5 minutes of first hook (+200% BP)

-Left For Dead: left on hook for more than 1 minute and dies, or all other survivors leave during endgame collapse while on hook (+200% BP)

-Athlete: 1 or more minutes in chase and most chase time overall (+100% BP)

-Technician: 200% generator repair progress or more and most overall (+100% BP)

-Hunter: 3 or more stuns or killer blinds and most overall (+100% BP)

-Skeptic: 25% or more generator progress done while inside terror radius and most overall (+100% BP)

-Hysteric: 5 or more missed skill checks and over 1 minute of running outside of chase (+25% BP)

-Fool: 5 or more missed skill checks and no chases last more than 20 seconds or are won (+25% BP)

-Self Preserved: no more than 2 altruistic actions, no more than 200% generator repair progress, 1 or more survivors dead, and lasts longer than 5 minutes (+0% BP)

-Executed: gets to next hook stage in less than 45 seconds, dies within 3 minutes of first unhook or within 1 minute of first hook (+0% BP)

Let me know what you think! These are just the ones I thought of, I tried to account for most situations you would find in the game, including tunneling as to make it feel less painful when it happens to you. I'm sure I missed some things though, and I'd love to hear suggestions and ideas for any others as well.

TLDR: Idea for survivors to get rewarded with titles and bloodpoint bonuses for selfless and team oriented playstyles.

Comments

  • I like the idea of this better than the simple idea I had of just awarding a bonus percentage based on the number of survivors that make it through the gate. Like 100% for all four survivors, 75% for 3, and 50% for two. If that makes sense. I like this better cause it would actually encourage people who don't do much to participate more rather than wait around for the gate to open.