PC - Locked in place after picking up Survivor from trap

Killer: Trapper
Perks: No One Escapes Death, Gearhead, Corrupt Intervention, and Pop Goes The Weasel
Map: Midwich Elementary School

A survivor vaulted a window into a trap, I also vaulted the window, picked up the survivor, and was locked in place with severely restricted and jerky camera movement, and was unable to drop the survivor or attack. The survivor also seemed to be unable to wiggle free. Unsure if this is a bug or some outside influence?

Comments

  • Hi Spy! Do you happen to have a video of this interaction?

  • @Coordi said:

    Hi Spy! Do you happen to have a video of this interaction?

    @Spyincorporated

    I have had the exact same bug on Haddonfield, only with hitting the survivor instead of picking them up, and with Iri Stone so I could get unstuck, and I provided a log and detailed explanation in my bug post from last week. Could you add a reply on that one so it's clear that this is a duplicate issue, or at least a very related bug? I think it has to do with connection (like when your client fails to notice a survivor dropped a pallet).
    Jocelyn, I do not have video but I have the log and steps to reproduce.

    This is my post:

    @Gabrote42 said:

    You know how if a survivor drops a pallet while you lag your client might not register it's dropped, and not let you walk through it or destroy it? It's that but with traps. The game client believes that you should be getting stunned by your own trap and the server disagrees, so you get stuck in place, only able to move the camera in 5° jittery increments, not able to hit or move, but you can vibrate in place.

    Step 1 : Play Trapper on a low connection, low end machine, in a non-laggy map, like Haddonfield or Lery's

    Step 2: Put a trap next to a window to showcase this effect

    Step 3: Get a survivor to step on it.

    Step 4 : Hit the survivor with a basic attack from the side while walking into the trap and during the falling animation hope a lag spike hits.

    Step 5: Attempt to pick up the survivor. If you fail to move, the bug was triggered. Notice how you cannot vault the window or use M1

    Step 6: Wait until the Iri stone you brought saves you by both resetting the trap server side, and waiting for a BMing survivor to step on it, freeing you (this took 2 or so minutes in the game)

    Alternatively, you can try to reproduce the pallet version of the bug by playing on Shelter Woods and trying to have a survivor drop a pallet during a lagspike. It's hard to reproduce, happens one in every 20 games.

    Additional information

    • Trapper, using the metallic heir of Mcmillan mask and long smooth machete.
    • Sloppy Butcher, Spies from the Shadows, Brutal Strength, Agitation, with Iri stone and Trapper bag
    • Lampkin Lane, Haddonfield, specifically on the Myers House's front window
    • This version, only this time. And it wasn't even that laggy. The pallet version happens once every 30 or so games, but 2 updates ago it was happening on one out of every 8 games.

    documents to add

    • I have no images, I didn't have time to pull up the screenshot app, but it looked normal, only trapper snapping back into place everytime I made an input (except the way he was facing, but that could only be changed in 5-10° increments). I do not have enough RAM to record without crashing.
    • Logs (PC only)

      https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TY12G7UXVHV8/deadbydaylight.log

    Wish you luck. I would love if every 30 or so seconds the server checked with the client to see if their props are in the same state. That would mitigate the bug.



    These other posts also have the same issue, but one was closed as a duplicate:

    @Jinilo said:

    on PC recently I've had two games on The Pale Rose Map in 24h as trapper and they've been buggy.

    Game 1: Put a trap on the outside ramp of the Tugboat vault, trapped someone, went to pick them up and then was unable to move/swing, never picking the survivor up. i could look around but it would stop every quarter inch or so. With the "pick up trap" prompt strobe lighting.

    Game 2: Put a trap on inside side of the Tugboat vault, to avoid what happened last time, it caught someone, then creased to exist. Couldn't see it nor did it have a prompt to pick up or reset, it did still have its aura if i had an obstacle in the way. With the aura vision it was always open. From the beginning of the match I also couldn't enter chase unless it was the moment i hit someone then it would fall as if i turned and left them to do something else. Kind of relaxing not having the music but the inability to gain blood lust wasn't worth the trade.

    Both times (i think) i used Addons: Fastening Tools + Trapper Bag | Perks: Bamboozle, Brutal Strength, Surge. For the Fourth Perk one time i used Hysteria and the other Scourge Hook: Monstrous Shrine

    @babayagasaga said:

    PLATFORM: PC

    DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE: At the small boat on Pale Rose, I placed a bear trap on the outside of the window to catch survivors vaulting there. When I placed it, it clipped through the floor texture and became invisible, and I couldn't pick it back up. After trapping a survivor there, I couldn't pick the trap or the survivor up, and had to down them to take them to a hook. As far as I know, the trap stayed there in the closed position, and the next survivor who vaulted there became trapped on that side of the window. To be clear, they were not standing in the bear trap, they were body-blocked between the trap and the window and couldn't disarm the trap, vault back, or move at all. He just stood there jittering in place until I downed him.

    STEP TO REPRODUCE: Place a trap on the outside of the window at the small boat on Pale Rose.

    HOW OFTEN: I only experienced it the once, but confirmed with the other survivors that they were stuck there and couldn't move.

    @snowyhans said:

    I was playing a match as Trapper on Hawkins Laboratory.
    Towards the end of the match I am chasing two survivors in the observation room that contains the rift to the upside down, the two survivors approach the bottom glass window, which I have trapped on the other side. The first survivor vaults and gets trapped, the second survivor vaults and I try to lunge for them, but hit the first survivor instead (was still trapped.) I then vaulted the window myself after them but my controls become immediately locked and I can't preform any action, the only input I had was mouse movements, and of those movements only horizontal inputs, the game resisted any vertical movements. I'm unsure if the survivors could see me looking around or not, but one did blind me at one point.

    The following is a brief recording to demonstrate the bugged state:

    https://youtu.be/CljpqUqLLdQ

  • @Coordi said:

    Hi Spy! Do you happen to have a video of this interaction?

    Unfortunately I do not. I swear Shadowplay enjoys turning itself off at random.
    I'll try and replicate it when next I get Midwich as Trapper and record it

  • It does seem like we encountered the same bug! Except I didn't have the Iri Stone so my trap wouldn't open on it's own. I was running Bloody Coil and Honing Stone

  • This issue has been duplicated quite a few times, once with video in Hawkins, but AFAICT only mine has a log file. I posted a comment with all the links, and you'll see it after it has been approved

  • Thank you for the additional information! It is greatly appreciated.

  • @Gabrote42 said:

    This issue has been duplicated quite a few times, once with video in Hawkins, but AFAICT only mine has a log file. I posted a comment with all the links, and you'll see it after it has been approved

    I see them now! The Hawkin's video is exactly what happened to me. Thank you for the video evidence!

  • Always a pleasure. Hopefully this gets fixed well.