Amanda: Too Much RNG!
PTB: Pretty Good Job So Far!
I really like the PTB changes since Amanda isn't forced to use Combat Scraps. However, a problem still stands, namely, her RNG is so crippling.RBT: How They Work
The RBT have a unique Jigsaw Box that grants the key to unlocking them. This means, assuming you didn't use any add-ons, 3 Jigsaw Boxes give you a 0% chance and only one of them give you a 100% chance.They also need a generator to activate their timer but the timer also have rules, namely, they can't tick during a chase, while in dying state, and if you're a hook.
Finally, you cannot leave through the exit gates or else the trap will upright kill you.
PTB: What The Developers Need To Do
The developers need to make one small change, namely, prevent the first Jigsaw Box from containing the key and have then activate immediately without needing a generator.Rework Rules Set NO. 2 so it doesn't reveal Jigsaw Boxes while the timer is activate. Yes, this is overkill, but it's ultra rare so you shouldn't see a lot if these anyways and you can memorize some Jigsaw Boxes anyways.
And before!
"RBT aren't meant to kill"
They aren't, but making them activate immediately won't change the traps to be killing machines. It prevents things like, "I'm on a generator because my trap isn't activated" "I'm healing you because I'm not risking my life"
Survivors have 2 minutes and 30 seconds to search at most, 4 Jigsaw Boxes without add-ons. You must be trying to die for this thing to kill you or Amanda is using the lethal RBT build.
Please, make Amanda great again because I rarely play against her and she's so fun to play against!
Comments
I agree with the change of having the first Jigsaw box never contain the key. That way their will be some guaranteed progress slow down for the pig. Don't really agree with having them activate directly though. I think it's fine as it is. If anything, they could reduce the timer very slightly, but that's it.
The change to Rule Set Number 2 I completely disagree with. Even if it's an ultra rare, I feel like that would be a guaranteed win for the Pig, especially when coupled with the add on that decreases the Bear Trap timer, since survivors would have to search the entire map and hope to find the Jigsaw Boxes before the timer runs out. Plus it would hurt new players especially who have no idea where these boxes can spawn. So yeah, to me that's an overkill this game doesn't need.
I think just having the first jigsaw box not spit out the key would be a good start, and then the devs can see what other imporvements they could give to the Pig. Like I said, a very small decrease of the Bear Trap's base timer would probably work as well.
I think what they need to do is to increase Box numbers to 6 and instead of this RNG thingy, they should require us to search 4 of them. So instead of finding the right box in like 10 seconds, survivors will have to waste real time but in turn, Pig will not be able to camp her boxes and prevent survivors getting their RBTs off of them.
In that way, Pig's power will give her about 60 seconds with each RBT that she uses on survivors. It is not gonna make her top tier but I can easily say that it is gonna move her up in the tier list.
I disagree with the removing of jigsaw Box aura, that's absolutely overkill.
Imo what Amanda needs is a faster movement speed while crouched. Not massively faster, but just a little bit faster as currently.
As far as the "RBTs are not meant to kill" bit, I've said my piece on that already. The one thing I'll add is that what I don't want to see is any adjustments made to make the Pig more viable done at the expense of the RBT's potential to kill. Making the RBTs better at wasting the victim's time is all well and good, but you make them any worse at killing, and you just defeat the point of them being RBTs to begin with, you know?
Having timers always activate immediately is a strategic detriment to the Pig when you're stalling the mid-game to catch up.
Rules Set No. 2 should be baseline, since it has almost no actual impact on the match. You still see boxes globally once your timer activates, so it does nothing. A better change would be to restrict your box vision to 20 meters, or somewhere around there.
I like the idea of a 20m proximity to the box for the Aura to show, that could help. Right now they b-line it to the closest box but if they had to get close to see it then they wouldn't know which direction to start running first. It would waste time, maybe enough time to kill them maybe not. On large maps it could hurt but on small maps hell no.
I think having an actual percentage would help with the boxes, having the 1st box never have it but the last box always have it leaves room for the other two boxes to have a hit or miss, it might have the key maybe not but it garuntees every single time that the first box wastes their time.
Also I made this thread about a mechanic that could help Pig that I don't think has been brought up before. We got some players who really favor Pig here so I'm just linking it.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41021/my-new-jigsaw-box-tweaks#latest
However, I do kind of like the idea of traps activating immediately. Rule Set No.2 will need paper adjustments for it though. I believe your proposal might be a tad too strong.
At this point any buff for Amanda would be nice.
I think the RBT needs more because I am not afraid when one goes on me. It is easy to deal with and at the most keeps me off the generators for a few minutes.
I want to feel like I am in one of Jigsaws games not being gifted unwanted hats.
The RNG can be such a pain in the ass. Not a fan of the eFFectiveness of a power being out of your control.
RBT timers starting immediately is a pretty sweet idea because 2:30 is already enough time to search all 4 boxes but currently you have some safety time until a Gen is done.