PTB SC will not go live

Devs said in the stream that PTB Self Care will not make it to live build(and they aren't satisfied with Legion either). However, they are considering making it it's own general perk later.

So down the road we might have a choice between Self Care and Strictly Better Self Care.

Comments

  • It isn't strictly better. It is only strictly better if everyone is using it. If there is 1 person not using it it will suck for them since they are the only ones suffering, couple it with sloppy butcher and that person will probably never recover to full health during the game.

  • PolarBear said:

    It isn't strictly better. It is only strictly better if everyone is using it. If there is 1 person not using it it will suck for them since they are the only ones suffering, couple it with sloppy butcher and that person will probably never recover to full health during the game.

    I don't actually know that it is strictly better or not, but if it is hypothetically "strictly better unless someone is not using it", would that make it more likely that (mostly) everyone will just use it?
  • PolarBear said:

    It is only strictly better if everyone is using it. 


    So then everyone will. Especially since the only downside is if you don't, then you will to prevent that.
  • @PolarBear said:
    It isn't strictly better. It is only strictly better if everyone is using it. If there is 1 person not using it it will suck for them since they are the only ones suffering, couple it with sloppy butcher and that person will probably never recover to full health during the game.

    But that's the problem. It would pretty much force anyone to use the perk. Guess who would benefit from that perk the most. 4 man SWF team that can arrange and make sure everyone is using Self Care, therefore not wasting as much time on healing and instead having more time to repair gens. It would be pretty much a mandatory perk. Which is why I hope it will never actually be it's own perk.

  • I'm really thankful for this, that change would have been really bad. But I do hope they'll never release it as it's own perk. I mean just because it doesn't replace the Self Care now doesn't mean it will be any less flawed. I don't get that.

  • @ad19970 said:
    I'm really thankful for this, that change would have been really bad. But I do hope they'll never release it as it's own perk. I mean just because it doesn't replace the Self Care now doesn't mean it will be any less flawed. I don't get that.

    In it's current state there is no reason to release it as a perk. They need to figure out another drawback.

  • @PolarBear said:
    It isn't strictly better. It is only strictly better if everyone is using it. If there is 1 person not using it it will suck for them since they are the only ones suffering, couple it with sloppy butcher and that person will probably never recover to full health during the game.

    Fact is that everyone will switch to the "strictly better" SC because you can heal yourself significantly faster. Additionally healing others is slowed down so everyone will only be healing themselves which promotes even more spreading/genrushing

  • @EntityDispleased said:
    They're not happy with Legion? Same!

    with the changes, not Legion

  • @Master said:

    @PolarBear said:
    It isn't strictly better. It is only strictly better if everyone is using it. If there is 1 person not using it it will suck for them since they are the only ones suffering, couple it with sloppy butcher and that person will probably never recover to full health during the game.

    Fact is that everyone will switch to the "strictly better" SC because you can heal yourself significantly faster. Additionally healing others is slowed down so everyone will only be healing themselves which promotes even more spreading/genrushing

    I never said I liked the change. I very much dislike this being a perk as is. They need to figure out another drawback to even consider adding this to the game.

  • @ToxicFengM1n said:

    @EntityDispleased said:
    They're not happy with Legion? Same!

    with the changes, not Legion

    They specifically said they will be tweaking him/her until he/she is in a good spot so no, they do not like Legion currently.

  • @PolarBear said:

    @ToxicFengM1n said:

    @EntityDispleased said:
    They're not happy with Legion? Same!

    with the changes, not Legion

    They specifically said they will be tweaking him/her until he/she is in a good spot so no, they do not like Legion currently.

    I am gonna miss the old legion when they get a buff

  • Im glad they're not going to add that ridiculous Legion. I'm now happy they didn't add the SC changes. Honestly, I love the fact that we don't have to heal right now. It's so nice to have the choice to heal or just ignore SC and have intense matches.

    Tbh once I get the full build, I might run No mither, Resilience, This is not happening and Sprint burst.

    Honestly it's so fun being injured and against killers like Myers, you REALLY feel the pressure.

  • As a solo survivor I don't care to much for another healing perk. As it is without swf; getting teammates to heal you is a pain because they assume you can heal yourself and some even refuse to receive it. Adding more self service healing is only going to increase the rarity of medical co-op. Most likely we will end up running one or the other just to compensate.
  • @PolarBear said:

    @ad19970 said:
    I'm really thankful for this, that change would have been really bad. But I do hope they'll never release it as it's own perk. I mean just because it doesn't replace the Self Care now doesn't mean it will be any less flawed. I don't get that.

    In it's current state there is no reason to release it as a perk. They need to figure out another drawback.

    Sure if the drawback is good enough and balanced well, not flawed by design, than of course that perk would be fine.