A possible nerf to WoO

I know that this is technically a suggestion but I would like to focus on discussing it and see how my idea could be improved, so I'd very appreciate, if the mods don't move it to Feedback And Suggestions. Thank you.

WoO has been discussed quite a bit. There are people that really like it, there are people that hate it and there are some that are indifferent about it. Personally, I like the idea of the perk but not the execution.

So I suggest to change the perk so that it stays active as long as you are not in chase but goes on a cooldown after X amount of time (I think 5 seconds should suffice) once the chase starts and stays inactive for Y amount of time (15 seconds maybe), then activates again and repeats.

This would allow the perk to cover for solo queue issues, help survivors learn maps and get rid of it as a crutch because in order for it to really make a difference, you actually need to put in some work. It would also further incentivise learning maps because you would memorise 1 or 2 nearby loops.

I don't care so much about whether or not you think WoO absolutely needs a nerf (that has been discussed more than enough) but more about what you think of this suggestion. What potential issues could it have and what adjustments should be made? I also wouldn't be against it getting a neat second effect, should it end up being too weak.

Comments

  • @sinkra said:

    If windows gets nerfed it's going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back for survivors and many are going to leave the game en masse. There's only so much they can take.

    I really doubt people are going to quit DBD over a nerf to WoO another perk will just replace it if people stop using it at all

  • @sinkra said:

    If windows gets nerfed it's going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back for survivors and many are going to leave the game en masse. There's only so much they can take.

    Being required to actually use your brain in chase isn't a good reason to leave the game. I'd be perfectly fine with Google Maps for survivors being nerfed. It's boring as hell to play against and can be equally frustrating watching as your teammate uses every pallet on the map in their first chase.

  • @Shirtless_Myers said:

    Survivors should spawn on hooks to make the game more fair to killers.

    Based.

  • We can nerf this auto pilot WoO the day we delete Lethal Pursuer and gut aura perks. Fair, right?

    If I can't mindlessly run loop to loop why should others be able to mindlessly chase survivors with zero need to track?

    Yeah, my idea sounds silly. That's because it is.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    We can nerf this auto pilot WoO the day we delete Lethal Pursuer and gut aura perks. Fair, right?

    If I can't mindlessly run loop to loop why should others be able to mindlessly chase survivors with zero need to track?

    Yeah, my idea sounds silly. That's because it is.

    Lethal Pursuer and other aura perks already have conditions to make them deactivate (mostly durations), so they don't work as autopilot perks but more like a compass.

    My suggested nerf to WoO would make it work in the same way. The perk tells you where to go and now it's up to you. There is only one perk that has the potential to do something similar for killers (Undying) and when that happens, it's crazy powerful.

1 2 ›