Perk design has unexplored design space

There's a lot of untapped design space, every perk recently feels like it's got 5 different conditions and 2 status effects because there are so many perks revolving around the same few things. Perks to reveal survivor/killer aura, or make gens faster/slower, or heal slower/faster or make people faster, or vault quicker, or go stealthy. there are too many options for the same basic things. I know this is the basic game loop, but can we not specialize in weirder, goofier stuff?

There are never any perks or add-ons made that revolve around crows, breakable walls, being the obsession, or falling from heights.

Could we not buff Spies from the Shadows to reveal Auras? Could we not have a perk that makes you faster for every crow flying, or make it so killers can't disturb crows, or make survivors who disturb crows blind?

I would love more utility perks that make other things better, like a perk that reveals the hatch's aura or an aura-range-increasing perk for killers, or an aura duration-increasing perk for survivors.

I love the new Sable perks and I love how they all revolve around the basement. it's something new, cool, and exciting and I'm very happy they exist.

Comments