Should chests be made more useful?

One thing I appreciated about the Lights Out mode was having more chests and finding items in them that we could actually use. Of course I realize this was only because we couldn't bring items into the trials. As I understand it, normal trials only have three chests that spawn by default, and that's not even enough to have one per Survivor. And if one of the chests has a broken key, then you're screwed.

I can think of both pros and cons to having more chests with more useful items in the trials. Yes, it's easy enough to bring your own items into the trials, but some may prefer a challenge of starting with nothing and trying to use whatever they happen to get in the chests. I do that myself from time to time, particularly when I don't want to deplete a certain Survivor's inventory of certain items or add-ons. And yes, we can use the coin offerings to spawn more chests in the trials, but let's face it, most of us would rather burn bloodpoint bonus offerings.

For cons, some may think that having more chests would be OP (I can see Killer mains complaining about this already). I don't know, what do you guys think?

Comments

  • Yes, they should finally do a chest and luck update.

    First of all there should be more chests and they should have better loot. The basement should have 2-3chests with purple items.

    Ace in the whole should be made basekit and then luck offerings should give you better items and with better addons.

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

    Ace in the Hole

    When retrieving an Item from a Chest , there is a chance an Add-on will be attached to it.

    100 %chance for an Add-on of Very RareRarity or lower.

    10/25/50 %chance for a second Add-on of UncommonRarity or lower.

    Ace in the Hole allows you to keep any Add-ons your Item has equipped upon escaping.

  • We should be able to hide in them

  • @OrangeBear said:

    We should be able to hide in them

    And then the killer should be able to lock them😂👍