Not a fan of Blighted Cosmetics

Well, that's partly a lie. The blighted cosmetics bring in a whole new level of "messed up" to bunch of killers, and I like that. Clown carving his face like a pumpkin? Awesome. Legion turning into a single grotesque abomination? One of my favourites. Whatever's going on with Xeno's face? Love it.

So what do I not like about them? Everything which makes them "blighted".


Pumpkin juice dripping all over them, and skin covered in giant orange boils. I get that it makes sense with the story, but for a bunch of killers with an infection pushing them beyond their mortal limits, I'd rather it focused more on what it did to them rather than the infection itself. And it happens to completely cover them.

As for the lore, I'm not really a big fan of that either. It's basically "Blight took mysterious serum from the Entity, then successfully captured and injected all the other killers because he's that good" (except for Wesker, who's too cool and injected himself lol). It's a bit repetitive and suddenly makes all the other killers look like Blight's toys.


Blighted skins are pretty important because they form the biggest collection, with almost every killer having one, including some licenced killers with very few cosmetics. They're also some of the most lore-relevant skins in the game, as well as being some of the most probably-actual-canon ones (the lore's a bit shaky).

So I'd want to see skins with more vicious mutations and enhancements, and less... orange liquid, boils, and Blight syringes. Maybe some of the smarter killers like Slinger and SM used the serum as a power source to enhance their gear, making it more mechanically monstrous while getting more advanced outfits to match. Or there could be alternate versions of blighted sets where the glowing serum has eventually faded away, just leaving the gore and bloody mutations. Something like that.


I still think they're cool overall, and I'm happier with them than without, but knowing that the only skin Nemesis has turns him into a walking Terminid hatchery makes me a bit sad when it could simply not have the glowing orange effects.

tl;dr I like the horrific and creative side of them, but the bright orange stuff everywhere ruins them a bit.

Comments