Music overhaul!

Hello Everyone, Average everyday DBD fan here. I just wanted to give my feedback on the music for DBD.


As someone who’s been playing the game since release, I’ve always loved the horror aspect of the game but I think the devs have somewhat strayed away from that. At least until recently, with the release of the new killer “the unknown”. I think the new killer has breathed life into the game in terms of its horror aspect with the sheer creepiness of not only the killer but its entire accompanying soundtrack.

Music is very important in influencing the overall feel of a scary movie/game. While the game has great music, a lot of it doesn’t feel intense or scary (at least in my opinion). Many of my friends agree and I’ve seen the same opinion throughout the community.

I encourage the devs to really take the time to read this and consider overhauling the music for the gaming, taking inspiration from the new chapter which was wonderfully made. Or even taking inspiration from outside sources. A perfect example would be “Sinister”. A perfectly crafted, unsettling soundtrack that just makes your skin crawl. What would you guys want to see changed, or should the music be left as it is? Let me know!

Comments

  • To be honest it's too noisy - hard to hear survivors if you have any hearing issues as the killer. Though looks like they fixed it with the heartbeat thing for survivors because the squeaky wheels get the grease.