New map is using old pre 6.4.0 Garden of Joy collision assets

There is a massive issue with the new map. And no, it's not pallets.

For those who remember, Garden of Joy used to have a massive collision issue with the bushes in the map. BHVR made the collision extend from the furthest outlying twig rather than drawing the collision to be consistent with the main bush.

They patched that around 6.4.0 to be more reliable and overall smaller.

Now here's the massive issue: the new map has bushes on top side in the parking lot are designed to give collision protruding into areas where the killer can walk without problems. As Blight, Billy, Bubba, etc. I'm bumping into things that do not enter my field of view when using my power at all.

This also applies to alot of the "Ormond" rocks in the mid to bottom part of the map. The rocks allow for you to walk past them, and even into them fine without an m2 power, but they give collision not consistent with basic movement or field of view whatsoever when an m2 power is used.

I think the map team accidentally coded all of these with the original Withered Isle assets rather than the updated ones. And I think there was feedback on the PTB that the rocks were too "slippery" for collision? This seems like overcorrection as well as oversight by the map team.

I hope we can get a patch for the map in an upcoming hotfix to address these issues.

Comments

  • Watch new bush hitbox and millions of other Dead By Daylight videos on Medal, the largest Game Clip Platform.

    I sent this to another Billy player. I received this clip in return. I'll post it in mapping the realm also. This is consistent with M1 without power.