SoloQ and teamwork is non-existent

Let's keep it real, you have better odds winning the lottery than winning a SoloQ game with 3 strangers.

Untitled Image

This image shown above is proof. If these official statistics, from the developers themselves, doesn't convince you then I don't know what will.

They can add all the whistles and bells they want. They can break a killer's leg to give the SoloQ an advantage, it will not work.

Let's just accept that SoloQ will always be like this. SWF will always triumph.

Comments

  • Be the change you want to see.

    I've started to run builds to help take bodyblocks and assist my team, even though I'm SoloQ and relying on aura perks and often times self care+botony to reset and take more hits for the other survivors to do gens/loop if I'm not the new target.

    I'm sure there's other builds to try and assist too. Just read the room and see if it's better to do generators or to bodyblock to extend time for the rest of your team.

  • I am always soloQ and often play matches with soloQx3, sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. By the way, I have never won the lottery. (lol)

    The only difference with SWF is that it is often influenced by the inferiority of MMR. A decent soloQx4 has an advantage over the M1 killer. Teamwork exists.

  • @TheNameIsGilgamesh said:

    Let's keep it real, you have better odds winning the lottery than winning a SoloQ game with 3 strangers.

    https://preview.redd.it/developer-update-stats-v0-nzaveew49ric1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=314ffd4c6531128f295cd1efe092f6e6c2811811

    This image shown above is proof. If these official statistics, from the developers themselves, doesn't convince you then I don't know what will.

    They can add all the whistles and bells they want. They can break a killer's leg to give the SoloQ an advantage, it will not work.

    Let's just accept that SoloQ will always be like this. SWF will always triumph.

    Maybe this is surprising for someone, but that's how it works in any team based game that requires cooperation. Even in games where you have all the tools to communicate and coordinate, playing with strangers would always be less effective than playing in a group with friends / trusted players.

    In fact, this game is the only team game where I had seen anyone complaining that "playing solo is worst". Of course it's worst, as in any other game.

  • It's really not that bad. There are perks that really help you out with coordination and that can already turn the game in your favor against most average killers. I always bring Bond and it's absolutely amazing how valuable that perk is. It shows you where your team mates are working on gens, where they are chase (and with that the position of the killer), it shows you what resources they use, where they are when you need a heal and it shows you exactly what they are doing even when they aren't working on objectives.

  • I wish my odds of winning the lottery were better than these odds, because I'll be winning millions every 2-3 attempts!

    There is less than 3% difference is the vast, vast majority of games. The high MMR bit is irrelevant to 99% of the playerbase.

    Besides all that, yes there are some trials when it just all falls to crap, but I've had many more trials with decent team mates and teamwork than not. The bad trials just stand out more.

  • @Xernoton said:

    It's really not that bad. There are perks that really help you out with coordination and that can already turn the game in your favor against most average killers. I always bring Bond and it's absolutely amazing how valuable that perk is. It shows you where your team mates are working on gens, where they are chase (and with that the position of the killer), it shows you what resources they use, where they are when you need a heal and it shows you exactly what they are doing even when they aren't working on objectives.

    Major reason I run Bond is it is just as useful telling me where NOT to go as it is to tell me where to go. Survivors working on that gen over there? Injured survivor hiding? Survivor being chased and I don't want to get in the way?

    Bond!

  • I will say that playing solo survivor can be agitating. I have had the games where I knock out all gens get hooked once and am abandoned. Also the get hooked once and abandoned, lol. There has been multiple troll teammates.

    I also get more thrill from solo. If I have only the information I have it brings up the intensity. It brings more questions to each match. Will this player do gens? Will this one hide in basement? You never know and it’s great!

    Keep up the positivity and you will find the joy. Also taking a breather if you feel the tilt start helps.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663863#Comment_3663863

    Major reason I run Bond is it is just as useful telling me where NOT to go as it is to tell me where to go. Survivors working on that gen over there? Injured survivor hiding? Survivor being chased and I don't want to get in the way?

    Bond!

    Agreed. Bond is the GOAT.

  • You should probably have rephrased this because everyone is sticking on the lottery aspect. A better phrasing would have been a developer in charge of balancing things evenly in a PVP setting would be immediately fired and blacklisted for having numbers like this in any other mainstream PVP game if the goal was actual fairness.

  • @catnip18 said:

    You should probably have rephrased this because everyone is sticking on the lottery aspect. A better phrasing would have been a developer in charge of balancing things evenly in a PVP setting would be immediately fired and blacklisted for having numbers like this in any other mainstream PVP game if the goal was actual fairness.

    Except it would be not true as it is not a balancing issue, is a cooperation one and how people play the game and there is no amount of balancing or communication features that would change this.

    In fact, what those numbers prove is precisely that you can't balance the game around SoloQ as it would only make full SWF stronger. Like OP said, "let's just accept that SoloQ will always be like this" because like I said, this is the reality in any team based game out there.