Do Survivors now know you have Pentimento before breaking a totem?

I just played 4 matches using Hex Pentimento with Hex Plaything. It was my first time using Pentimento and I hooked all 4 survivors in all 4 trials and nobody broke their Plaything totem.

I was still able to get a 4K in all 4 matches but was shocked nobody touched the Plaything totems. Do survivors have a new notification or something before they break a totem?

Comments

  • @CountOfTheFog said:

    I just played 4 matches using Hex Pentimento with Hex Plaything. It was my first time using Pentimento and I hooked all 4 survivors in all 4 trials and nobody broke their Plaything totem.

    I was still able to get a 4K in all 4 matches but was shocked nobody touched the Plaything totems. Do survivors have a new notification or something before they break a totem?

    Good survivors will just take the plaything since if you're not playing Pig you're probably using Pentimento with it

  • @MalekithHatesSnow said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/406427/do-survivors-now-know-you-have-pentimento-before-breaking-a-totem

    Good survivors will just take the plaything since if you're not playing Pig you're probably using Pentimento with it

    Lol it was literally my first night! I have used Plaything alone and they always break them.

  • Depending on the killer I don’t even bother searching for a plaything

    if it’s an instant down then yeah I’m not playing oblivious lol

  • You got some meta value out of Pentimento: in this case the meta knowledge of the survivors made them not wanna deal with -30% gen efficiency, so they opted to stay blind and possibly injured.

    Overconfidence is a slow and Insidious killer.

    Sometimes the cure is worse then the disease, but never the less, you got good value out of your perks.

  • It's extremely obvious that plaything always comes with pentimento and oblivious is a lot less obnoxious than cleansing 8 totems

  • @MalekithHatesSnow said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/406427/do-survivors-now-know-you-have-pentimento-before-breaking-a-totem

    Good survivors will just take the plaything since if you're not playing Pig you're probably using Pentimento with it

    That's why i am using Plaything alone on my Chucky. It makes me get amazing free hits on him.

  • Pentimento is most commonly paired with Plaything and it is a very strong combo.

    When i find myself cursed with Plaything, there is no way i gonna cleanse it (unless it is endgame), because of the high chance of Penti. It takes way to long to cleanse 8 totem. Having no terror radius for the rest of the game is tough, but gettign -30% on generators is worse.

  • If they're not breaking the totems throw in devour hope as well, that'll teach them.

  • @Yippiekiyah said:

    If they're not breaking the totems throw in devour hope as well, that'll teach them.

    I love how the game quite literally grinds to sudden halt, once you down and hook that soon to be 4th person with Devour. I swear I have heared the sound of screeching metal, Silent Hill style.

  • Because why would survivors preffer a 30% gen repair penalty over a status effect that can be countered by having eyes and ears? Its a clear choice which one is morr punishing an which one is easier to deal with.

  • Most people expect Pentimento to be paired with it, so they'll just focus on pushing through despite Plaything.

  • When there's Plaything, there's Pentimento. I've gotten more value out of running Pentimento alone. Nobody expects the perk to be on its own.

  • Does make for some amusing games where I've ran Plaything on its own knowing people expect Pentimento. 😈