Possible game tweaks?

The game is great and usually fun(won't get into it about toxic killers/survivors). There are a couple things though that should be altered.

1- camping mechanic being disabled when gates are powered/open: have had many matches where the killer didn't camp all match until the gates got powered or open

2- the auto kill feature when there's no one to unhook you: you could go the entire match without being hooked until everyone else is either dead or has escaped and it gives absolutely no chance of unhooking yourself if you get hooked after that.

3-A self unhooking feature during struggle phase would be nice. It could even be an extra difficult skill check required to try and could even be optional(requires a power button or something to activate it)

I'm sure there are other features that I'm just not aware of/thinking of right now that would make the game even better. Feel free to mention any possibles. Just don't comment any hate to anyone please.

Comments

  • @OmegaScorpio85 said:

    The game is great and usually fun(won't get into it about toxic killers/survivors). There are a couple things though that should be altered.

    1- camping mechanic being disabled when gates are powered/open: have had many matches where the killer didn't camp all match until the gates got powered or open

    2- the auto kill feature when there's no one to unhook you: you could go the entire match without being hooked until everyone else is either dead or has escaped and it gives absolutely no chance of unhooking yourself if you get hooked after that.

    3-A self unhooking feature during struggle phase would be nice. It could even be an extra difficult skill check required to try and could even be optional(requires a power button or something to activate it)

    I'm sure there are other features that I'm just not aware of/thinking of right now that would make the game even better. Feel free to mention any possibles. Just don't comment any hate to anyone please.

    To your first point, once the gates are powered, the killer no longer has to patrol gens not seek out survs doing them. All that is left is to secure that hook kill, so I completely understand camping at that time.

    If there's survs left alive then I would expect rescue attempts to be tried, but in endgame it shouldn't just be a free escape without coordination. There's still basekit bt and that's enough.

    1. Camping is realistically only the optimal strategy during the endgame, this was true before the AFC as well and has seemingly carried over. If this were to be removed, then non chase killers would be left feeling helpless once the last generator pops.
    2. I agree, but only if the survivor has deliverance. Otherwise I dont see much of a point beyond extending the match.