Thoughts on Killer/Killer Changes

The Unknown

The killer's power, specifically its "bounce," feels pretty inconsistent to use to the point where it often feels better to m1 rather than use your power...which is frustrating when your power feels more like a chore, and you almost need to force it to get value.

Unbound

This perk is very situational and would really only be useful in bamboozle/superior anatomy builds.

Unforeseen

I actually love this perk. It's consistent and can turn any killer into a stealth demon. The problem is that, in my opinion, it really outshines trail of torment which might make trail of torment more or less irrelevant.

Undone

I LOVE the idea of this perk, but in practice, I think it will be borderline useless as even semi-decent survivors almost never miss skill checks. To have a shot of getting any value, you would need to play doctor, send yourself to a small map, and do a full impossible skill check build. Instead of changing or buffing this perk, I think it would be interesting to give Hex: Lullaby a badly needed buff/change instead. It is SO HARD to get value from lullaby...which is why nobody uses it outside of complete skill check builds (and even then, it often gets cleansed before you see any value). It would be amazing if Hex: Lullaby could already make skill checks more difficult from the get-go (eg. starting with the equivalent of 1-2 lullaby stacks). Or vice versa, make it so that lullaby is at full power after 3 stacks instead of 5. It would also be super cool to have additional effects. For example, maybe for each stack, skill check success zones are reduced by 10% and skill checks move 3% faster or something along those lines. Skill checks are such a big part of the game, and there are quite a few perks that affect them...but they are never used due to their lackluster abilities. I could see people running undone with a buffed Hex: Lullaby and two other perks of their choice (not necessarily skill check perks and not necessarily on doctor). As a survivor, I love seeing skill check perks as it's a fun slowdown to try and counter instead of the usual meta slowdown that is SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL right now. Also, an additional side note: have you ever thought about making a portion of unnerving presence base kit for killers? Might be a cool idea to up the "scare factor" of the game.

Mangled

I do not understand the nerf to mangled/sloppy butcher. You said you made the change to promote counterplay, but I would argue that medkits and perks like botany knowledge, COH, and we'll make it do more than enough already. I mean, botany knowledge is literally stronger than mangled, and yet mangled is seeing a nerf. If you do go this route, the timer needs to at least be longer and/or it needs to get paused while a survivor is on the hook. What's the point of bringing sloppy butcher if you down a survivor, walk to a hook, they get unhooked, and then their timer is up 20 seconds later? I can only see hit and run playstyles getting any value out of mangled in this current state. If you want to promote perk variety instead of killers only bringing sloppy, then consider buffing useless perks like coulrophobia and leverage...there's a reason you never see them in game!

The Doctor

Although his base kit buffs feel nice, I still think the meta for him will be to continue bringing discipline and range as the buffs don't do enough to make any of his other add-ons worth it in my opinion. You could also consider buffing the numbers for restraint, calm, and order to entice players to use them. Also, a change to the effect of doc's two green "shock therapy shape" add-ons, which I've never used or seen get used in about 4 years of gameplay, might be a good idea. Some ideas might include increasing doc's movement speed while charging shock therapy, increasing the charge speed of shock therapy, and increasing the madness effect of his skill checks (the skill check can appear in more areas on screen and/or maybe the skill check moves faster).


Thank you for your consideration!

Comments