Are survivors mute?
in Lore
They don’t speak besides screams and grunts.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Maybe they just refuse to speak, like Gordon Freeman.
They are afraid that killer will hear them, so they prefer to stay quiet.
Maybe they talk a lot at the campfire.
iirc wasn't there a q&a question similar to this and someone answered that the entity prevents them from speaking during trials?
alternatively its really just because they dont want to be heard by the killer.
Yup! I remember reading about it too!
We at least know they can "talk" at the campfire; it's confirmed by a quote about Kate, "[...] she sang a song of joy, of hope and family. Her warm smile greeted any that joined her at the campfire [...]". I know there's a difference between singing and talking, but I assume that if they can do one, they can do the other!