Okay so why was this guy tunneling?
Okay so I need someone to explain this I'll give you how the match went from when I started to when I died.
Games starts we're facing a Michael.
He has Undying and Crowd Control.
So my team not quickly totems were well hidden gets rid of Undying first a few minutes later Crowd Control goes down also.
Between that time two gen was done two people were on death hook with one them deciding to go out on their own choice no idea why and Michael activated tier 3 maybe a few times so the match I would have said was even but once someone decides to not want to participate anymore it's more on the killers side but here's where things start getting annoying.
I get my first hook I wait and get rescued while someone was in chase...Michael stops chasing and instead begins to tunnel me and then hook me again so I get saved again and boom tunneled again out of the match. Why I have no idea what I did to be tunneled out of the match I was being toxic no teabagging, no nodding or even flashlight clicking because I even hate that as a survivor gens weren't flying in his face and his totems lasted a good while. So I need some dbd scientist to explain why Michael just decided to start tunneling.
Comments
This just seems like a vent post, I get it, getting tunneled out sucks but there isn't much you can do about it. Just move on and go to the next match, some killers just aren't going to "play nice"
As some one who could give less of a ######### about tunneling, I can explain what is likely the thought process here.
A good killer will recognize that your best form of gen regression aint perks, but getting survivors off of gens. If Im chasing some one and I see 2 people together, Im going to disturb them as I know thats 2 Survivors who are now not on gens for a little while, and then a 3rd thanks to the person I just let go. If I see some one on a gen while chasing Ill do the same thing. If one of these people just so happen to be on death hook Ill more than likely prioritize them, but I didnt necessarily go out of my way to do so.
The killer played to win is what it seems like. Also it's not so much as "what did I do to deserve the tunnel" its more of "what did my team do". The more you treat survivor as an actual team role is when you start to see why killers do things. Like did your teammate unhook too close to the killer while he didn't have enough stalk left for a t3 on that specific survivor he was chasing previously?
Now of course im not omnipotent so i dont know the exact detail of the match but there is varying factors to it.
People need to understand that when a noticable portion of the community and playerbase shame other players for losing, there's going to be a lot of people that fear it and avoid it as much as possible. Therefore they won't be interested in risking the match by only tunnelling at the last moment because why would you? If they escape they'll shame you. If you win they won't have that ground to stand on.
I think this goes for a lot of things in life.