Casual Gamemode
It's no secret that Lights Out went... less than well. I actually enjoyed it personally but it was definitely plagued with problems: people abusing certain killer powers for vision, rampant face camping, too little information, most games survs were killing themselves on hook instantly, etc. however, there were a lot of things about it that i actually really enjoyed, and it made me think: It would be awesome to have a permanent game mode for people who just want to have a little fun without all of the extra junk.
Here's what I mean by that:
No HUD on Gen, Chest, Hook, interaction progress was actually awesome, no HUD pertaining to what other survivors were doing led to confusion for solo players and was not awesome.
No Perks was fantastic! I have grown to hate dozens of the perks in DBD and the simple reasoning behind that is that its just too much that deviates from the core gameplay... I think things scourge hooks and pentimento feel abysmal to play against solo and I think survivors abuse multiple perks as crutches for poor skill as well.
not being able to bring items was awesome! survivors then couldn't plan to flashbang/light/blind a killer 24/7 and also killers couldn't bring addons that are unfun to play against for people who are just trying to chill.
So why not add a game mode with limited HUD, no perks, no pregame items, and to improve on this any further, add something minor to discourage face camping and tunneling on the killer side??
I love Dead By Daylight as a core concept but find that despite hundreds of hours playing it, its just annoying to deal with the toxicity that has been cultivated by the current state of the game so It could be cool to have a stripped down base version of what DBD is, no other Asymmetrical Horror game really matches DBD so there's nowhere else to go for people that just want to enjoy the game.
I know that people are going to be upset because "tunneling and camping are valid parts of the game" or "Running 2 Syringes and 8 Gen rushing Perks is strategic and interesting" or whatever and I dont really care how "valid" they are, the fact of the matter is that they create a very unfun experience for many people that just want to play the core game and participate at all. its absolutely fine if you want to play like DBD is some kind of championship experience but there should be a mode for people who want to play like it isn't.
The main issue with this idea is you cant really do anything to make people play a certain kind of way, people are always going to lean towards wanting consistent 4ks or back to back escapes on every game but hey i think simply giving less bloodpoints in the proposed game mode would keep most BP grinding players out of it.
Comments