Please consider console only crossplay

hello! I am a day1 player and have only taken a break from 2020-2023. I mainly play on PS5 and you can find my username Tuurdburglar69 to confirm (not trolling, nickname from deceased partner that I carry on).

I mainly play survivor but lights out has made killer more enjoyable. I have 19 killers maxed out with stashes of addons and offerings that I am anxious to play because I do not want to go against potential cheaters on PC or those using Reshade for a tactical advantage over Lights Out mode.

PC also has mechanical edges over console, I cannot do Chucky techs around Shack on console so simply.

crossplay has also alienated me and pushes the divide further from connecting with fellow gamers when I want to meet other PS players.

GTA Online is a perfect example of why console and PC should have little interaction. The GTA Online lobbies are plagued with script modders that can simply click a reshade profile to hide wall hacks while streaming and their mod menus.

Lights Out has also promoted me to play killer without relying on addons like tombstone infinite Myers or minty hag/ broken status addon legion and learn each killer and their core power. And it takes away the immersive experience knowing some PC players have Reshade profiles up the butt for Lights Out and I’m the only one enjoying the spooky dark atmosphere.

i may not contribute as much as content creators or their fan base but I have invested over 800$ on Cosmetics/DLC and I would just appreciate being heard/recognized. I do play daily up to 13 hours as Survivor since 2016 with maybe 15-30 killer matches per year.

Lights Out is the first time I’ve played killer for the WHOLE GAMING SESSION, which just blows my mind and didn’t think I would enjoy killer so much for once.


please consider prioritizing console players with crossplay off and still let them group up with console players with crossplay turned on for them. I just want to play with console players only and don’t want to rely on 3rd party methods of custom group forming.


it is just really alienating targeted behavior for those that don’t want to conform to crossplay.


thank you for taking the time to read and hope you all had a good holiday season

Comments

  • I too would support console-only Cross Play, but it'll never happen. It was added in the first place to unite the playerbase, not divide it. With most of the players on the consoles, queue times for those on PC would soar if this was added & consoles opted out in big numbers. And with most of the content creators and all of the Fog Whisperers on PC that would be disastrous.

    To your point about about cheaters & hackers etc. they can and have made their way into lobbies that were just consolers as well. Isolating PC like this wouldn't help in that regard.