'Lights Out' is a Divine Gift.
'Lights Out' is truly amazing...It's the "no-bullshit/are you actually good at something" game mode I've always wanted and I honestly never want to play another match of standard DbD because this modifier is so damn good.
No perfect pathing from WoO, no game-ruining armor features, no extra haste, no extra expose, no aura reading. No Namby-pamby garbage that takes something cool and turns it into a bad cartoon.
I want to motion to keep this absolute gem and create more cool modifiers.
Comments
BHVR,
I'm sure the other modifiers will be great, but I think "Lights Out" should become a permanent part of the main offerings of the game. It is legitimately tough, and it's the first time I've been consistently spooked playing DBD since around Halloween 2016--no BS. This game has always been fun to me, but "Lights Out" upped the ante by A LOT.
I agree with MakeThemScream's suggestions regarding solo Q, but if you do take that suggestion, it might be fun to make it optional. I would almost prefer either the regular HUD for solo Q or almost no information whatsoever (i.e. just the names and the portraits, no indication if they're wounded or being chased! Maybe it could be like with an AKUMI mode in Japanese horror games where you have a true "no net" experience for a decent bonus in BP and XP.
As for the killer not seeing generators, I love that idea. If it's not something you're interested in adding to the "base" LO experience, an extra hard mode could include no auras whatsoever for killer or survivor. BIG SPOOKY
Seriously, BHVR, this is the best thing to happen to DBD in a LONG time. I'm excited to see what else you come up with, but give us much more Lights Out!