It's time to stop De-pipping
Can we please stop de-pipping on both roles, seriously.
It is not necessary and only contributes to the matches everyone claims to hate.
No SoloQ Survivor should have to worry about losing pips because of teammates that AFK, grief, troll, give up on 1st hook, give up before 1st hook if they don't like the Killer, ect.
No Killer should have to sweat through a 30 to 40 minute trial with increasing difficulty as they face harder squads.
The de-pip system is demoralizing and forces players to run builds that the opposition hates.
The sooner players can pip up without a de-pip, the sooner in the season they can feel free to experiment with builds that are fun *AND* do so without hurting the pips of their teammates!
Yes, many players will still run run their usual, but at least we open up the pool of players willing to run builds that are fun for them!
The max award per season is 2 Million BP. With all characters needing to be P3 to unlock all perks and no end in sight to adding new characters, the 2 million shouldn't be this hard to earn. It's literally not even enough to Prestige one character twice unless you buy items you really don't want *and* get lucky.
I truly think this would help a lot for veterans and new players alike!
It would also help Killer diversity as Killers will presumably have more BP to invest in a Killer that may not be their main.
I could go on and on about the benefits to the playerbase...
Remember BHVR, if you see it becomes a problem for whatever reason, you can always revert it.
Let's do away with depipping.
Thank you sincerely if you took the time to read this.
#NoMoreDePip
Comments
I mean yes if you run streaks like "reach iri rank 1 with survivors but each surivor which gets killed is removed from the pool" then this can be annoying especially in solo-q. Aside from that I never thought about it.
To be completly honest bloodpoints don't mean anything to me anymore. I think all players reach that point sooner or later. You've unlocked all perks you need and got enough to boost level for a new toolbox or medkit.
I actually stopped looking at my rank since they decided to replace it with this icon box. Ranking up does not give you any benefit nor does it affect matchmaking in any ways. That's why I stopped caring about it alltogether.
If you run the bloodweb manually you can "trick" the entitus to eat away half the web each time and will save a lot of bloodpoints.
I guarantee you though the time will come where you have reached 2 million bloodpoints and don't know or bother how to spend them.
At this point it's not worth anything anymore and if I could trade 200 k bloodpoints for 2k shards I would do so.
Then you don't object as you don't care.
I'm totally cool with that and appreciate your feedback.
I'm over 4,600 hours in and still care very much about my bloodpoints and Bloodwebs, especially on my Killers as their add-ons are unique unlike Survivors.
It seems there are people who care very much, like myself and players who couldn't care less.
I have never heard an objection though and that's why I'd like to see this implemented.
I'm 100% with you on the Shards by the way. I just don't see them giving us anymore of those as Auric Cells (money) profits BHVR.
Yeah permanent pip progression would be nice for both sides since it is just a bloodpoint boost every month, making it so you have to potentially play 5 good matches in a row just for 1 rank to ~85 good or ~42.5 great matches or any combination in a month for a 1m bonus bp on each side would be a good change