Badham map rng always makes me laugh.
Not to hard copy scotts video here but him seeing 5 pallets spawn around the shack so close together making the entire area basically one giant god-loop is the funniest map oversight. Though map rng has always been like that. They tried to fix garden of joy by adding more god windows and condensing the loops. Hell ormond got minimal changes besides it now can have spawns where you get a pallet chain...yay. Anyone else just get tired of this?
(Also on the complete reverse you could have a shack on something like coldwind or ormond that has nothing around it and the survivor just dies)
Comments
I agree with him. I've been saying for years that they need to dial back map RNG a ton. You can't effectively balance something when there's that level of RNG. To Scott's point, there's zero reason for loading screen losses to happen in an 8 year old game, but we still frequently get them. M1 killer on max pallet eyrie? Lol you lose. Survivor on a Coldwind variant that spawned 6 T/L walls? Lol you lose. Why? What positive aspect does this level of RNG add to gameplay?
It's more subtle than that too, and this is the part I really don't think the map designers quite grasp: tile chaining. When you put a safe-ish filler tile next to a jungle gym window or shack window, you've spawned 2 jungle gyms in 1 big tile. When you spawn multiple safe pallets in a 20m radius, it's one big safe tile. I had more than 1 killer disconnect on us in the last week because of the Badham setup Scott referenced. You need to playtest maps with skilled players.
Preschool is the only map I’ve played where the pallets were so close together it was a quad pallet loop lol