Giving banned community accounts a second chance

I can understand the need to have really strict moderations on the various community forums, especially in regards to certain types of content, speech and things of that nature.. Racism, bigotry and other offensive things should be banned..

My main thing is shouldn't people have a chance to become members of the community again after they've faced a punishment.. The things mentioned above are abhorrent and certainly those people who violate those rules deserve to have their accounts banned permanently.

What about those other people who violated rules that weren't that serious, three strikes and your out rules don't work in the real world and they aren't really useful in the digital world..

I was banned from the Steam community on April 4th 2021, and I understand now that what I said was offensive, I was angry after something that happened to me in game and used the forums to vent.. I said I did something I didn't really do in game and the moderator banned me, and escalated it because of a comparison I made while trying to be humorous. I am not saying that bans shouldn't happen, but once I was banned it was permanently, and I feel as though I've always been an outstanding member of the steam community as a whole. I have never had any vac bans, I have never had any community bans other then Dead by Daylight... I feel like giving people a chance to reintegrate themselves into the community after a period of time would be really good for people like myself who learned their lesson.. The ban prevents me from writing guides, positing screenshots, commenting on or creating new topics on the forums and has drastically taken away my desire to play the game.

I humbly come before you guys and recommend adding a way for people to come back from a perm ban.. Not those who said racist or bigoted things but people who just happened to run afoul of three strike rules.. My ban is about to be a three year ban.. I purchased the game before it released, and was an avid player until I was banned, when that happened it took the wind out of my sails as far as playing went.. I am certain I'm not the only person who is in that boat.. I feel it would be a good gesture to offer people a chance to clear their names..

BTW I'm not talking about cheaters who were banned from in game for cheating, but people who were banned from the forums for things that weren't racist or bigoted..

I'm not sure if I'll be banned from these forums or not but I would hope maybe my plea could fall on someone's ears and they could possibly work out a way to let good people who did bad things once or twice, or even three times a chance to earn their rights back..

thanks for taking the time to read this book sized suggestion

Orge Lambart

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • We do not discuss bans publicly, moreover forums bans are not to be appealed.

    You are welcome to discuss the ban with the moderator through the message you received on Steam.