Somebody help me. Please.

While I'm playing, I always get this error and the game exits on its own and I end up being suspended for a while that just keeps getting longer. How can I resolve this?

I couldn't post the image but basically this message box appears on my screen.

"UE4-DeadByDaylight Game is corrupt and will be closed

Fatal error: [File: Unknown] [Line: 684]

Parent->GetDevice()->CreateHeap(&Desc, IID_PPV_ARGS(&D3DHeap)) failed

at

C:/J2/IWGs/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Allo

cation.cpp:1780

with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.

Comments

  • Right click the game in steam, open the local files and delete them all, then verify game files. This will be a fresh install


    Don't cheat this time

  • I already tried uninstalling and installing again and the error continued

  • It's not uninstalling. Steam keeps a pseudo directory without any files saved on their servers as part of their mod support deal (this is why off steam mods are still present when you uninstall). Verifying game files uses the base files and base install directories for a vanilla game


    Don't use the uninstall button, physical move all files to the trash on your PC and verify files


    Then don't install 3rd party software or mess with them and they'll work fine

  • @MrDrMedicman said:

    It's not uninstalling. Steam keeps a pseudo directory without any files saved on their servers as part of their mod support deal (this is why off steam mods are still present when you uninstall). Verifying game files uses the base files and base install directories for a vanilla game

    Don't use the uninstall button, physical move all files to the trash on your PC and verify files

    Then don't install 3rd party software or mess with them and they'll work fine

    I can try this but will it work because my dead by daylight is from the Microsoft Store

  • @JeovaneCosta said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3628421#Comment_3628421

    I can try this but will it work because my dead by daylight is from the Microsoft Store

    Should work